LittleOne

San Francisco dz

I am looking for a dz near San Francisco where I can reenter the sport and find a group of low pressure RW jumpers for some pickup jumps on a semi-regular basis. Research indicates that I should consider Skydance and Byron but I have not found any threads more recent than 2009. If you are a regular at these dropzones or have jumped there recently, I would love to hear your feedback on them. If you prefer not to post openly, feel free to PM me. Any opinions and observations are most welcome, including those related to other dropzones in the area. Thanks all!

Skydance has regular RW organizing (about twice a month on average); the dates are on the Skydance web site. Mad John organizes from time to time at Byron - he typically sends out his updates to the NorCal Skydiving Yahoo group - I'd recommend joining that to keep up with what's going on (though lately a lot of activity at both dropzones also gets posted onto their respective Facebook pages). I've jumped with the groups at both places - I think they'll fit what you're looking for.

http://skydanceskydiving.com/

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/norcal_skydiving/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What Krisanne said. I'll be out both days this weekend at Byron and would be glad to have you join us. We've got Rw
jumpers from all experience levels and all of them are happy to jump with you. Collin does some great stuff up at Skydance, too.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.