shortsandi

Sport Jumping in New Zealand

Hello! I'm currently in Thames and will be heading to Taupo in a bit. I'm looking for a dz that is "sport jumper friendly" and has rigging services available, as my reserve has gone out this week. The info I've found online is vague and outdated. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

The most sport jumper friendly dz in Taupo will be taupo tandem skydiving. Otherwise you may be lucky and be able to jump at one of the others (freefall or skydive taupo). Matamata (skydive waikato, about an hour north of taupo) is very receptive to sport jumpers and may well be busy this weekend as it's a bank holiday, they have 2 cesnas. Further north of matamata is Mercer which I haven't jumped at but they have a porter and sometimes go to 20k. Only other place I have jumped is ballistic blondes in whangerei which was awesome and they do regular beach jumps, they also have a small cesna though.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys!
What about the most sport friendly DZ in NZ?
Heading to Auckland 27th nov and plan to jump a week or two someplace. Ill be backpacking for 6 weeks and have my gears with me. In your opinion what is the best place for me to stay at? I mean it would be nice with a dropzone that have lifts during the week with a lot of other sport jumpers. // Mike from sweden