Beachbum

Oct. 2 - 4 AOT Memorial Boogie and Ags Over Texas Reunion

It's that time again! This year, Kay, Jan, and others have also organized a reunion to coincide with the boogie. They have some events set up, babysitting arranged ... the works! Come jump, or if you are an old AOT jumper and don't jump now, just come say hi to old friends and party!! Planned aircraft is an otter. (ps ... that saturday night dinner is done by one of Todd's friends who makes a GOOD meal - almost worth the drive by itself!!!) Below is from an email I got from Kay:

This is going to be a fun weekend to catch up with all of our friends and tell stories (lies) about the good old days, so don’t be looking for any hard core time frame of events.

General Information: No registration fee. Jump tickets $25 or less. Saturday Evening Catered Dinner at the DZ: tickets $10.00 each (ages 10 & under free). T-shirts will be $15.00 each, be sure and place your order below. Large tent available for packing and visiting. Conference room in FBO is also available for visiting in air-conditioned comfort for anyone who can’t handle the heat!

Friday, October 2, 2009
People start arriving in town. We will provide packets of information at the DZ and Vineyard Court with local attraction brochures.

Noon-Sunset: DZ is open. Please get in touch with Kathy Spillers at the DZ if you wish to get current prior to the boogie or have any other questions about jumping.
Skydive Aggieland, Inc.
6104 SH 21 East, Hangar W21
Bryan, TX 77808
Phone: 979-778-JUMP (5867)
http://www.skydiveaggieland.com/
Kathy Spillers at [email protected]

6:30 pm – Welcome and Mixer (BYOB) at Vineyard Court-Rm 123
Vineyard Court Executive Suites
1500 George Bush Drive East
College Station, TX 77840
Phone: 979-693-1220
www.vineyardcourt.com
Dinner will be in the traditional AOT style; the group will decide where to go about 10 minutes before the restaurant closes.

Saturday, October 3, 2009
Load organizing by Larry Henderson. There will be a sign up sheet for observation rides and Spotting Competition (wind drift indicator accuracy). Spotting Competition slots in the 182 are estimated at $25 each, with a $5 gear rental. 12 wind drift indicators have been purchased, and sign-up will be 1st come, 1st served basis. The classroom at the FBO is open to guests, feel free to gather there and visit.

8:00 AM: DZ opens
Noon-1 PM: Lunch DoubleDaves Pizza: 1st come-1st serve. You snooze, you lose!

5:30 PM: Group Photo

Sunset: As the sunset load lands everyone gather at the peas for a short memorial, hymn and missing man fly-by.

7:30 PM: Catered Dinner: $10.00 each, kids 10 & under eat free.
Menu: prime rib, shrimp salad, chicken pasta, veggie dish, green tossed salad & rolls (subject to change)

Sunday, October 3, 2009

8:00 AM: DZ opens
Noon-1 PM: Lunch DoubleDaves Pizza: 1st come-1st serve. You snooze, you lose!

Additional Information:

Babysitting Services provided by ASCE-TAMU Student Chapter: Parents needing this service please contact Alyssa as soon as possible. Please Note: she is in class from 8-5 but will return calls/emails within 24 hours. ASCE decided to set aside the money they make babysitting for Shack-A-Thon which is an event hosted by Habitat for Humanity in the spring semester.
Alyssa Politte
Outreach coordinator, American Society of Civil Engineers
Phone number: 713-398-8042
[email protected]

Remember to please stop by manifest and ask Kathy to download any videos or photos you take during the weekend. Be sure and provide your contact information if you wish to receive a video and we will contact you when they are ready.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I know some folks have "accepted" the invite on the FB page ... including Dave and his better half (don't know if Morgan is jumping, since she'd now be jumping 2!!), Super Dave, Brian who was on our Relay for Life team one year, Travis (I met him at the last one, I think) ... and a bunch of folks I don't know. Kay, of course ... and at least a few of the old AOT folks who no longer jump are coming just for the reunion.

If anyone showing up plays guitar or anything that works with them ... bring it along ... see if we can't get something going!!!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

We regret to announce that the scheduled Otter for this year’s boogie has mechanical problems, and despite the anticipation of being repaired by now, the part needed has still not been fabricated. I have been in contact with many other sources, but have not come up with another available turbine for the event. We are still having the reunion, meal and any jumping we can accomplish. We are sorry for any inconvenience, but we look forward to making the best of having more time to spend with old friends.

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

We have confirmed 2 182's for the weekend and possibly a 206 for Sunday.

Saturday's meal will be prime rib, vegetable lasagna, and sides for $10 per person. This is a $25 per person meal.

We are getting ready for a fun weekend with friends old and new.

Hope to see you there.

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.