weid14

Finish your flare!

I noticed that many people were not finishing their flare on landing this weekend. i.e. when they're feet touched down -- the flare stopped -- and off they sprinted.

Keep flying your canopy, keep the flare going until your arms are extended, get shorter risers if need be. Unless of course you like the sprint, stumble, splat type of landing ;):). you should be able to walk out of your landing.

It was no-wind, too, maybe folks had gotten used to a slight head wind which helps slow you down, but surf was up Sunday!

Unless of course you like the sprint, stumble, splat type of landing . you should be able to walk out of your landing

Heeyyyy, I resemble that remark! At least I do when I'm jumping my tired and well-loaded F-111. Flare high....thud. Flare low.... skreeesplat, thud. Get it 'right' ... just like jumping off of a picnic table (at best). Three demo's on a 'sportster' eliptical at 1.25:1 ... swoosh tiptoe (some wind) swoooooosh tiptoe (no wind), plan 'B' final out of bowl landing due to traffic... swoosh tiptoe! ...
Guess my problem wasn't in the finishing B|

...damn I could get to like this swooping stuff now that I know what a 'real' flare feels like :)
the Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

most experienced jumpers are on z-po, even relatively new ones. But yeah, having the right tools in the tool box helps!

..and in my former 'life' (if you would call it that, I know better now;)) I played extensively with restoring and racing British Sports Cars (Triumph GT6+, TR4a IRS, TR-6, Lotus Cortina ...)

The 'right tool' to disassemble most every component of a 30-40 year old British sports Car is seen in the attachment (..and it should scare you that I can name and use the 'originals')

the Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Triumph Specialty tools.gif

most experienced jumpers are on z-po, even relatively new ones. But yeah, having the right tools in the tool box helps!

..and in my former 'life' (if you would call it that, I know better now;)) I played extensively with restoring and racing British Sports Cars (Triumph GT6+, TR4a IRS, TR-6, Lotus Cortina ...)

The 'right tool' to disassemble most every component of a 30-40 year old British sports Car is seen in the attachment (..and it should scare you that I can name and use the 'originals')

the Dave

Funny - my 1946 MG TC uses the exact same special tools as your Triumphs.

If you are bigger cargo you gotta pay more freight.

..."freaky"... ;)

Care to trade LBC jokes?

Q: (an easy one) Why do the English drink warm beer?

A: Lucas refrigerators.

Q: The Lucas company motto?

A: An Honest Day's Work and Home before Dark :)
your turn :P

Dave

PS: how far back does your masochistic wrench turning go John?