blackfrost

Where for students in south america

Hi i am in the process of leanring to skydive having completed 2 aff stages and 2 tandoms while i was in the states briefly. could not finish due to the weather being bad.

I am in south america for these next few months and i would like to continue learning! There seems to be a shortage of good dropzones here.

Iam traveling overland from colombia to argentina over these next few months any advice anybody has on the best places to learn please get back to me.

Hi bf,

The only two dz's in South America I have ever been to are in Campinas, Brazil & Boituva, Brazil.

Both were going full-time with Campinas being the more progessive of the two, at that time. But that was in the early '90's.

Try Googling AirPress and see what he might suggest. That is a company ran by Ricardo Contel who is a jumper in Brazil.

Well, I got up off my lazy keester and found this:

[email protected]

Shoot him a line and see what happens.

Best of luck,

JerryBaumchen

campinas is closed. Boituva is the place to go!
there are over a dozen skydiving schools there.
it will be alot more expensive than in the USA!

if you decide to go, send me a message and I will forward you Edu's contact info there. He is a great teacher and has been to the US many times to skydive and play in the wind tunnel, and speaks very good english.

PS- Overland Columbia to Argentina, you wont be anywhere close to Boituva! Plus you will blow all your time traveling.

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton