DottieBear

Kentucky??

I was offered a job in Versailles, KY today. It represents a good promotion and a significant increase in salary, but of course, I have to make sure there is somewhere good to jump before I say yes!

I looked up the nearby dzs, but of course, its hard to tell what is what by those reviews. Skydive KY and Greensburg look the most promising....anyone have any experience with either of these??? I need a dz that is open during the week, and puts up loads on weekdays, since that is when my days off are. Any information is appreciated!!!
~Dottie

“Everything looks perfect from far away.”
Postal Service, Such Great Heights

Skydive KY in E-town has a fun group of jumpers that I have been seeing more of this year. I believe they are only open weekends and 1 evening during the week. They are running a 182 and I think something else this year.

Greensburg IN is flying a 182 and 206 most weekends and a Turbine when they can find one. They had a Caravan this year until it crashed. Really fun group of jumpers.

Kentucky Skydiving Center was flying a 182 last I had checked. They are weekend only.

Start Skydiving in Lebanon Ohio is flying 1-2 Caravans and is open summer hours of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 12:00 pm until sunset, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am until sunset. Winter hours are different. Busy DZ that does 50-80 loads a weekend.

Skydive Greene County in Xenia Ohio is flying 3 182's. They are open all week long. Great small DZ feeling.

Skydive Richmond IN has 1-2 182's. I'm not sure what their hours are currently.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Last I was out in E-town SkydiveKY had a King-Air. Great group of people out there, though you may have to wait on loads throughout the day. It's worth checking out. It's a new DZ, but most of the staff and jumpers have been in the area for years and are transplanted from another DZ that had been open 40 years before it closed last year. Mostly belly flyers, but you won't have any trouble finding someone to free-fly with.

I haven't been to many of the other dropzones in the area, but several friends (friends who live in Versailles actually!) have started going to START and they all say nothing but great things about it.

Edited: for more detail.