FreakNSwoop

Moving to Ft. Hood need new home!

I am going to heading out to Ft.hood for about the next year or two... and I need a new place to fly. Does anyone have any imput on which DZ might best for a homeless freeflyer?

I plan on making the occational trip to dallas and houston... but I need somewhere to be every other weekend;)

Sometimes when I see a man slip and fall, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant, and he fell on me... Then it wouldn't seem so funny

Do you know what type of plane they are jumping? I thought I heard someone tell me that they are jumping a pac? is that true?... I was also thinking about maybe going to agggiland... how far of a drive is that ? and do you know what they fly there??

Also is one of them more freefly oriented? don't get me wrong... I LOVE some SMOKIN 4-way... but I really like being upside down or diagonal!

Sometimes when I see a man slip and fall, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant, and he fell on me... Then it wouldn't seem so funny

Do you know what type of plane they are jumping? I thought I heard someone tell me that they are jumping a pac? is that true?... I was also thinking about maybe going to agggiland... how far of a drive is that ? and do you know what they fly there??

Also is one of them more freefly oriented? don't get me wrong... I LOVE some SMOKIN 4-way... but I really like being upside down or diagonal!

Welcome to Texas. It's freakin' HOT! I live in Killeen and I jump at San Marcos (because they have an otter). SSM is two hours away and the closest big airplane DZ. They also have a brand new building, cafe, indoor airconditioned packing, and a pool. We could use some free flyers! Skydive Temple is about 20 mins away and they fly a Cessna (aka no longer fly a PAC). They have wonderful facilities and super nice people as well.

Aggieland is two plus hours away. We drove their one time only to find out they were closed. >:( I'm sure it's a great place, as I have heard good things about it from others.

Where ever you choose (SSM, SDT, or anywhere else), I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms! Well, at least it's better than staying in Killeen for the weekend anyway..:S
http://3ringnecklace.com/

I have acctually jumped at SSM ffor a few months when i was stationed at Ft. Sam in san antonio, and I agree it was and Im sure still IS an outstanding DZ I had a great time there... I just thought it was a much further drive? [:/]

If you live in killean... do you drive back and forth sat and sunday? Or do you stay the night.... Did they get a new bunk house? You know with the gas prices, 2 hours each way gets a little expensive[:/] Maybe everyonce in a while... but everyweekend?:S

Are there many military jumpers in the area?... I can only imagine there would be... Maybe if there are any that travel to Aggie Or SSM on a regular basis that might want to car pool from time to time.

Or meet up for some kick ass freeflying in Salado, even if its from 11.000:PB|

I've been here a month and I've only been to Temple. It's a great place and has some pretty fast 182s (and 30 min from my house)

Is there a shortcut to SSM other than just shooting down I-35? I see that taking more than 2 hours with Austin in the way.
This isn't flying, its falling with style.

It takes me almost exactly 2 hours to SSM, going 190 to I-35. Yes I go through Austin but I don't hit a lot of traffic at all. I have a fuel efficent car, so it's not a big deal. I stay the night there on Saturdays. They have a bunk house, and I believe it's $5 a night.

When I was at Skydive Temple over the 4th of July weekend, they said that they usually have a bunch of military guys there but I bunch have deployed. So I don't know who's there now.

Hope this helps!
http://3ringnecklace.com/