mdrejhon

Ride Needed: LAX to Perris (bigways): Sept 10th noon or later

Hello all,

Need ride from LAX to Perris on September 10th, anytime noon or later.

My airfare with United is confirmed, arriving at 11:20pm. Based on my experience during my last visit to Perris, I'll be at the curb at about noon. However, I'll settle for an afternoon or evening ride, if necessary!

I'll volunteer a gas tank fillup ($50 value!)

(I could hang out in LAX longer, if only mid-afternoon or late-evening rides are available. I'm not willing to spend $400 for a car rental that'll go mostly unused for almost 2 weeks. Also I did not get a SAN or PSP itinerary because it's much cheaper for international trips to arrive at LAX.)

Since this thread is being hijacked anyway:)
wildfan75 needs a ride from SAN too, in this thread.
Maybe we need to unify the thread "RIDES NEEDED for Perris Big Ways" :)

I'll call my friend in Moreno Valley and see if he's willing to give you a ride if you pay for the gas. He's a former deaf skydiver. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There's some good information in my Hearing FAQ on my own personal website: www.marky.com/hearing

We got dozens of communications methods such as
TTY/TDD (keyboarded telephones)
Phone number 711 (relay interpretors - they type out phone conversations)
IP-Relay (And many other providers)
Video Relay (Sign language interpretors by videophone)
Captioned Telephone (closed captioning for telephones)
WebCapTel (closed captioning for phone via web)
BlackBerry, Sidekick, TREO, iPhone, etc.
Email, MSN, Yahoo, SMS/Texting, Mobile Chat, etc.

Tons of tech, and lots of it subsidized by the U.S. goverment (directly or indirectly).

Now back on topic... I need a ride from LAX!!!!

You might try
www.lawa.org
http://www.metrolinktrains.com/stations/
to find info on public transit to get you to the Riverside Sierra station.
http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/index.htm
has bus routes in Riverside county.

Sierra station is pretty close to Perris (well - at least if you compare it to LAX). KW will probably be able to pick you up there.
The bus lines from Sierra to Perris will take forever and a day, but they are doable. Just don't be in a hurry.
You have to transfer at Tyler Mall.
You want to pick up #27 at Tyler Mall. I forget what # gets you from Sierra to Tyler Mall. It's only a mile and I walked it.
They do get you from the station to Perris, right by where Stater Bros market used to be. Anyone from the DZ could pick you up there.
It's across the street from the motel in Perris - whatever it is called today.
Heck, NickDG works two blocks from there and I'll volunteer him to pick you up and drop you at the IHOP.

Unlike SFO and DCA, the Metro trains do not stop directly at LAX or ONT.
That was a big mistake, but I can't really explain why the LA area does not have better mass transit.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

You might try
www.lawa.org
http://www.metrolinktrains.com/stations/
to find info on public transit to get you to the Riverside Sierra station.
http://www.riversidetransit.com/home/index.htm
has bus routes in Riverside county.
Thanks, that will pretty much be Plan B for getting from Point A to B--

There's still excellent odds I'll get a ride, since most foreigners (i.e. Europeans, Canadians) are coming via LAX, and not all of them have booked their airfare this early yet... *waves from the airport curb* ;)

I'm flying into LAX around noon on the 10th and need a ride to Perris as well. I can call the dz and ask if they can recommend a shuttle service (like Eloy does) and we can split the cost. Or perhaps there will be some other jumpers going to the big way camp who might want to split the cost of a rental car.

I called manifest at Perris and asked if they could recommend a shuttle service from LAX to the dz. The nice lady at manifest gave me the website for Super Shuttle.

http://www.supershuttle.com

The cost for one person to get a ride to Perris is $99. The cost for two people is $108, or $54 per person. And the larger your group, the cheaper the cost per person. But that's only if you book as a group.

So for Mark and anyone else looking for a ride to Perris from LAX on the 10th, why don't we split a shuttle?

Simple enough, eh?

I called manifest at Perris and asked if they could recommend a shuttle service from LAX to the dz. The nice lady at manifest gave me the website for Super Shuttle.

http://www.supershuttle.com

The cost for one person to get a ride to Perris is $99. The cost for two people is $108, or $54 per person. And the larger your group, the cheaper the cost per person. But that's only if you book as a group.

So for Mark and anyone else looking for a ride to Perris from LAX on the 10th, why don't we split a shuttle?

Simple enough, eh?

That's definitely affordable and cheaper than renting a car for 10 days and letting it idle most of the time until September 22. I know there are people going back to LAX at the end of the camp.

So yes, we can split a shuttle, $54 per person is literally almost the price I need to pay in gas for the roundtrip to Perris and back anyway!

Anyone else who need a shuttle for noon? Three and four people would reduce the costs even further, perhaps down to $30 per person.

I might join in on the shuttle. I'm visiting with some friends in Malibu and I haven't sorted out my escape plan to Perris yet. This is leaving from LAX about 1:00 pm I take it?
kate

Sure! The time is a little bit flexible (especially for you as one of the six Perris P3 organizers) but would prefer to be at Perris early enough to make a few jumps at least :)
If you are in, we'll firm up the reservation time right away at 1pm (or a preferred time near that). Just let us know!

I gots two things to add here:

1) rental cars can often be VERY cheap, even for a couple weeks at a time. Check on websites like orbitz.com or hotwire.com. I think I'm paying like $220 for my two-week car rental... which is barely more than the cost of shuttles to and from (and I'll have a car!)

2) I'm landing in SAN DIEGO at about 2pm on Wednesday the 10th. If anyone would like a ride up to Perris with me around that time, send me a PM and let me know... or you can email me at

@ pobox dott com

blue ones!

We're now at four people in the shuttle, including the well known Kate Cooper. If it's a typical Astrovan sized or SUV size 7-seater van, I think four passengers is a full van considering the tons of gear that skydivers tend to bring.

However, if more people want to join us, contact me and we can verify if they can ugprade to a bigger van or 'short bus' type shuttle.

Send me or PatrickDugan a PM