Nomad

Skydiving in New Zealand

Just got back from jumping at Skydive Abel Tasman/Skydive Nelson and it was great! I was making my first jump away from my home drop zone and I couldn't have asked for a better place to do it. Great landing area, good plane, and superbly nice guys!

A bit hard to keep alt awareness as I had the ocean on one side and gorgeous Southern Alps on the other!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.

I've jumped near aukland--all of the jumping in nz is surely spectacular--and everyone is super cool even though i had a funny accent--B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

Abel Tasman (Motueka) is on the Northern part of the South Island. Great views of Abel Tasman National park and the Tasman sea. I don't know much about Christchurch, the DZ was closed due to weather the days I was there. (pouring rain, 0 visability)
I started my trip in Auckland and ended in Christchurch before flying to Melbourne. Of the 4 DZ's I visited in NZ Abel Tasman was my favorite.

Is the dropzone near Lake Te Anau only a tandem factory? When I was hiking through the Fiordlands National Park, I could hear the plane making the run and see the tandem and cameraman, but I never saw any up-jumpers. That view, from above, would be spectacular.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

It seems most DZ in NZ are tandem factories... I couldn't believe how many drop zones there were!!!! Every random town seemed to have one.

Anyone thinking of going to NZ just go and do it, freaking amazing time, so damn easy to travel around solo and amazing scenery. I flew round trip from LAX to Auckand for $800.

I REALLLY want to jump over Fox Glacier but it was socked in for three days with rain and clouds so i moved on... :(

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.