timbarrett

Skydiving in/near Tokyo?

Hi..need some info please. It looks like I will be moving to Tokyo for a few years and I need to find out how I will be able to jump there..at least occasionally to stay current.

Any rules, restrictions..will they accept my BPA and USPA A licences...can i get a reserve repack there..etc?..what's the scene like..?

Obviously i can get on a plane and go somewhere nice for a holiday and jump flat out for a week or so but that won't feed the craving enough I fear...

Any thoughts or contacts gratefully received..Tim
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

Hey guess what, I checked on this cool Website called "Dropzone.com" and I actually found one! :D

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/171.shtml

Here are some pics of the DZ from one of the guys that did a review. Seems he needed to get a permit and wait for a week or so before jumping..

http://beuf.is-a-geek.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Tokyo-Skydiving&id=PICT1693

When are you moving to Tokyo? I'm in Tokyo from time to time and would love to go for a jump or two..

Mike

I jumped there a couple of years ago. I had to buy some sort of National Insurance, and had to join their skydiving association (I think I bought a 1-month membership.) A Japanese work associate helped me with all that stuff luckily cuz I never would have been able to figure all that out!

That being said, the club was great there. Fantastic people, very friendly, I slept on the floor of their building with everyone else. Only a couple spoke any English, but we had international language of beer and cards :-)