purple_shang

Skydiving in China

Hello, everyday. I'm in China now and I want to set up a skydiving center here. You know skydiving now is not very popular in our country and many foreign skydivers here have to fly home and do it. However, I have to tell you that it does have a promising future in China. There isn't any such kind of skydiving centers here now and I want to set up the first and even the only one. Everything is basically OK now except the money problem. So I wanna ask that is it possible for me to get investment in the US or other foreign countries? I'm purple and my MSN and Email is [email protected]. Thanks very much.

Hi Sheetoh,
Our dropzone is supposed to be in the Hainan province, Yunnan province or other places near there. It is not far from GZ where you live. According to the plan, it should have agencies in GZ in the future. The project is supposed to be started in the first half of this year. Now we are searching for partners because it is really a large project. I have a large and perfect plan but now I have to solve the money problem. Wish to set it up as soon as possible. Then many foreign friends in China can do skydiving here.
Happy New Year
Purple

Thanks Purple,

Thanks for the update since I will be in Guangzhou for at least until 2008 so it is a major concern for me! I am very glad there is such a plan.

Do you speak mandarin?

I wonder if any USA DZ is keen to develop this sports in China, not sure this is a good idea since I am not aware of your DZ experience.

I am seriously hoping your plan can take shape soon. I was talking to skydiving friends in Thailand and was told that if you arent local in China, it will be a major obstacle for a foreigner to set up something related to airfield. There are many approval red tapes to clear alone.

One thing for sure, extreme sports is beginning to interest many Chinese so I do convinced there are great future for skydiving in China.

Blues skies
Sheetoh

Hi Sheetoh,
I'm a native Chinese and of course I can speak mandarin;)
My partner Jason has done skydiving for over 20 years since he was 14 years old. He was a member of China's National Skydiving Team. I think he has some kind of experience to run a dropzone.
And I promise we can have the relevant approval because we have contacted the relevant departments in China.
Hope I can find some partners soon in order to make the plan come true.
Thanks for your attention.
Purple

hello purple,

i think i just wrote you an mail. found your address in a different spot. iam very interested to get the possibility in setting up a dropzone in china. i live in beijing, may we can meet. unf. i havent an idea about solving the money problem.

udo