atree

Skydive Venezuela Recent info

Hey fellas...

Just looked up some previous threads on venezuela and saw a lot of good and bad reviews of this place... Has anybody been there recently? The island jumps sound amazing although it seems like they may not be happening anymore? Also there was a bridge on the hwy there that is out? I don't see that as a huge issue but either way if anybody knows it if it's up or not I'd be thankful...

Lastly are they normally open throughout the week making a decent number of loads daily?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Trying to plan out my vacation from the 1st to the 10th of Feb next year....

Colin

Heya,
things are picking up again here, although it seems most people will be coming after New Year. February would be a good time to plan your trip.

The bridge that collapsed last year has been bypassed, so getting to the dz from the airport is normal again...2-6 hours depending on the traffic you have to get through in Caracas.

Jumps on Tortuga are, and have always been, by arrangement for groups of 4 or 5 people with our 206- and you're right, it is an absolutely amazing experience.
Right now we fly the Antonov 3-4 days per week, up to 15 loads on a good day and, like I said, things are picking up again- Olav is coming over for a few months next Monday, there should be some good freeflying happening this winter, the rainy season is ending and the summer just goes on and on...:)
blues,
Jerry