Jason42

Florida DZs During the Week

I'm going to be out around the Gainesville area for a week in Oct (Oct22-Oct30). I should have my "A" license by then and I am planning on doing some jumping between the 23rd and the 26th. I noticed that there quite a few different DZs all within an hour or two from where I will be. Which of these DZs will be open during the week and flying loads on the weekdays and are good places for someone with low jump jumpers who has to rent gear to jump at? I want to be able to do 3-4 jumps a day if possible. I've been looking at Z-Hills and Space Center and am leaning towards Z-Hills but if these place aren't jumping I would rather go to one that is.

I know that Nationals are going on in Eloy on these same days. Will that have an big effect on the number of people at the DZ's to get the planes up?

Thanks.

Try this one!!! That week Wednesday might be pretty slow but the fun should really get started on Thursday!!!! 3 for the 182, 10 for the Caravan and by the time the skyvan gets there we should have plenty of people to fly any of 'em. Alot of the people that jump with us also come from the G'Ville area. So give it a thought!!!! ;)

Edited because I have a Putnam County Education!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

You'll be in a great area to check out a number of DZs! Check out as many as you can.

As far as Zhills goes, the dz's closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays until 11/1. The Sunshine Factory, which is right there, rents gear as long as you have your A. They have an assortment of well-maintained rigs including Wings, Javelins and Icons. There are also a good number of large canopies for you to try as well. It's a bit quiet during the week with maybe 10 loads flying per day, but when the weekend roll around the locals show up to play.

Unfortunately, I dont' think I'll be able to make the thing at Palatka since it starts on Thursday. I have to pick people up from Jacksonville Thursday night and was planning on going to Tampa. I could show up their in the day and then drive Jacksonville and maybe come back and not go to Tampa hmmm.....

Will their be suitable gear to rent for a barely "A" licensed jumper who is still jumping the big boat canopies?

We've got rental gear available for ya;) just remember to bring your log book (and try to get your "A" between now and then!!!) Hope to see you there

Cool I only have a few more things to get signed off on my proficiency card so I will have my "A" by then, I can come down on Wednesday and on Thursday be their most of the day and come back at night possibly and leave Friday morning/afternoon. I could even be there all week as long as planes are turning.

In the other thread it mentions that someone just has to be off student status to jump does that mean somoene who is cleared for solo can jump? If so, can they just do solos or are their coaches/instructors to jump with them. I may be meeting somebody down their who will not have an "A" but be on solo status.

I'm also going to coming into Jacksonville around 6 is it kosher for me to show up at whatever place I'm going to be jumping at the next day around 8 and just set up a tent or should I wait until Monday morning to do all that?