jeiber

Tucson - need help!

Ok, looks like I'm going to be in Tucson, AZ from June 30 - July 4. Unfortunately I'll be entertaining myself while I'm there, soooo.

How is SkydiveAZ? Do they have a bunk house (with A/C)? Where are the 'must see' places in Tucson? Any fun bars to hang out at after sunset?

I want to make the most of the trip out there, skydiving, and otherwise.

Thanks!
Jeff

ps- Skymama can vouche for my character! ;)
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Ok, looks like I'm going to be in Tucson, AZ from June 30 - July 4. Unfortunately I'll be entertaining myself while I'm there, soooo.

How is SkydiveAZ? Do they have a bunk house (with A/C)? Where are the 'must see' places in Tucson? Any fun bars to hang out at after sunset?

I want to make the most of the trip out there, skydiving, and otherwise.

Thanks!
Jeff

ps- Skymama can vouche for my character! ;)

Can hardly wait to see how this thread goes.:D

Ya know... I just broke my own rule - never ask questions you want a serious answer to on here. :D

Let's see if I can delete the thread. The 'Tucson Visitor's Guide' is probably the best bet for info, eh?

Lot's of cacti and sand. Weather says it's going to be 102degrees. Ok, never mind, I'm paying the $50 to get a credit on my ticket.... [:/]

The desert in July isn't sounding like much fun... Damn, can't delete the thread... just the message. Skymama, help? :)

Jeff

Skymama, help?

How much is it worth to you? :)

I think you should go and have fun. Eloy is a great dropzone and one that everyone should have on their list of places to go. You can jump and fly in the tunnel while you're there. Have you been to the Grand Canyon? That's worth a trip. Remi's there, he'll take care of you. ;)

Weather says it's going to be 102degrees.

But it's a DRY heat! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? That's worth a trip. Remi's there, he'll take care of you.

Yeppers.. I live at the bottom, ride the mule up to the crest every morning to get a pot of coffee. If I get hungry, I make a fire and cook the mule.

:P
Remster

How is SkydiveAZ?

Never heard of the place. Must be one of those little single-Cessna dropzones. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How is SkydiveAZ?

Never heard of the place. Must be one of those little single-Cessna dropzones. :D

Its awsome right now... None of you foriners are there taking our space in the hanger :P

Seriously, its much slower in summer. But things start early on the weekends to beat the heat: 7:00AM. By 2PM most teams have stoped jumping. I think last weekend, we only had 25 or so otter loads per day B|.
Remster

I dunno. It sounded fun at first, but the more research I'm doing, I think I'd rather save the airfare for someplace else. [sigh]

I know SkydiveAZ is huge, but that doesn't mean it's 'fun' - not to visitors anyway. Seen it before, you don't bring your own friends, you're on your own. Not all large DZ's are this way, but you have to admit, a single turbine dz is usually pretty easy place to make friends. Just asking...

Jeff

You could always save it for the Holiday Boogie there. You'd find tons of people to jump with.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey there Jeff...
I was just in Eloy 2 weeks ago and it was great! I recommend you get a early start in the day since they start jumping around 7AM and finish around 2:30(depends on the dz/staff decision). The wind tunnel rocks too!
As for a bar..couldn't ask for a better place but right beside the landing/packing area...and next to the pool..there is a bar right on the dz. :)As for looking around, can't help you much...we were in Arizona City most of the time looking for houses or at Eloy. We did get to go up to Tempe (ASU area) and walk around that area. Pretty area.
Heard that Tucson is real nice too so you'll probably enjoy it.
One advice...DRINK LOTS LOTS LOTS OF WATER!!! We learnt the hard way on the first day....got dehydrated and that wasn't fun but as soon as we started drinking lots of water, we were fine.
Have fun and enjoy the trip! :)
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Lot's of cacti and sand. Weather says it's going to be 102degrees.

Yeah, we got a little break from the heat today! :S (It's been 105-108 mostly) Hmmn, whats to do? Well, I have been dragged to Curves which had excellent..uh...food. :D The tunnel hasn't been very busy so you could spend some time there! I think I'll be gone by the time you get here..

How is SkydiveAZ?

Well their wind tunnel sucks. I gave up after 3 hours one weekend it was so bad. And I hope you don't like 4 way cause I don't even think they do any there, although I did hear they have a rookie team "Airsomething." As for the weather it's too much blue skies and sunny weather for me. And the effort one has to put into choosing which type of plane to jump...oh, the drudgery of it all. Just give me a 182 so I don’t have to choose between an Otter or a Skyvan or CASA. And to make it worse they run planes every 10 or so minutes all day even on weekdays, you wouldn’t believe the pressure of it all. Can’t we just all slow down?!?! You know the worst part of it is the spectator stands. I mean who wants a bunch of old folks applauding you when you come off the landing area after every jump even if you biff in; they’re just happy you lived. All the applause gives me headache…

All in all I’d go spend few days watching reruns of Star Trek on Spike TV instead.

Okay, seriously it will be great!

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP