ncfitzge

2006 Alaska Summer Solstice Boogie

Cora and I are seriously considering going, my friend. Keep us in the loop on this.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I'm seriously considering it as well. I've been DYING to go to alaska, and it doesn't help that my boyfriend is always talking bout what an amazing place it is. ;):)
CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

In my opinion, it is one of the best boogies out there. Very mellow, but fun. The weather can be iffy at times, but definately worth going.

If you are thinking about going, I'd book a flight now, as flights just go up in price for alaska in the summer.

I'm 95% sure I can make it. I just reserved a flight using frequent flyer miles, since those go quickly. Assuming I can make it work around work, I'm in. :)
Hmm.... I wonder if Kapowsin will let me hop a ride on the Otter? :ph34r:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I go up there every year to visit my mom. But luckly I am able to get buddy passes on Delta hehehe. Only think I am worried about is not having enough leave to do Alaska and WFFC...
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

Fly commercial!! I rode up in the Otter one year.....long flight, cramped with gear & no bathroom on board.....booked a commercial flight for the following year.

Yeah, I thought about that... not to worry, I've got a commercial flight booked. I figure that's 3 1/2 hours... the ride on the Otter's got to be longer. Not fun...

Nope. you can book it when you get here. Just remember, if its a really nice day, try to go out then. Book as soon as you get here so you can be on one of the first loads. Last year, we had 2 days of PERFECT weather. THen the last 2 days was a downpour. I sneaked into a slot for the Glacier when another jumper decided to do it later in the Boogie. He never got his chance because of the rain.
How long are you gonna be up for? Just the boogie? Or make a little extended vacation out of it?

How long are you gonna be up for? Just the boogie? Or make a little extended vacation out of it?

I wish. Plan right now is fly up Thursday night, home Sunday night. If for whatever reason I'm not on a project at that time (doubtful, though) I may be able to extend, but no plans to at this point.

I'm doing a vacation! I'm gonna be there for 1 1/2 weeks. still unsure of what i'm doing when i'm out there. I'm just psyched to be in alaska for that timeframe :-)

CReW Skies,

Hey Curt! Woohoo! Didn't know ya'll are going too. That's awesome news. We're missing Lost Prairie this year, can't really do both boogies. How about you?

-Kim

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Leonardo daVinci

leaving tomorrow for AK. I'm sure i'll be visiting the boogie in my travels...

CReW Skies,

You all suck! I've missed the Summer Solstice Boogie two years in a row :( and I'm not gonna make that three years in a row so I'll see you there next year. Say "Hi" to Bubbles for me :)
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville