isabelle

Hawaii

I am thinking about going to Hawaii at the begining of december...
I would like to visit, laying on the beaches but of course skydiving as well!
I sew they have a couple of DZ, witch one would be the best? What about accommodation?
I would stay about 10 days I think, Any good tip? Anything around dat I can not miss ?

The DZs are all at the same place/airport.

Go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling.

They have submarine tours.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Sundevils right both places are right next door to one another, its kinda hard to pick and choose one so I'd try em both. For accomdation the north shore is pretty undeveloped. The only resort I can think of is Turtle bay about 30 to 40 mins away. Thier is also a hostel right by Waimea bay its not that bad of a place, about 15 minuets away. Staying in downtown Honolulu might be a better option since it has more options for hotels, eating and nightlife. Regardeless of where U stay, you'll love it.

Sundevils right

Not exactly.
While Skydive Hawaii and Pacific Skydiving Center are on the same airport on the island of Oahu, there is also Skydive Kauai on the island of Kauai. I haven't been to it though so I don't know about their operation.

While I was on Maui in September I took a day trip to Oahu to jump and did my jumping through Pacific Skydiving Center. My overall experience was positive. Their King Air has straddle benches and was pretty fast to altitude. Make sure you are comfortable with jumping in wind because (at least when I was there) it is a steady 15 mph (at least). I was there on a weekday and was the only fun-jumper. I didn't mind the solos though because the were wingsuit flights and I was looking at the scenery anyway. Once the tandems were done, they were done. Plus at that time of the day (about noon) the winds started to pick up (over 20 mph) so they were shutting down anyway.

I don't know anything about accommodations though because like I said, I was just on a day trip. There's plenty to do and explore on Oahu (its the most populated and the island most tourist go to) so you can certainly find something to do.

Read the reviews on this site and also if you're interested to know which are USPA DZs look here.

Have fun too. Its a beautiful place! :)

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I was glad that when I did it, the winds were along the coast, so I didn't have to get out way over the ocean.

If the thought of getting out a mile + out over the ocean isn't apealing, then don't bother dragging along your rig.

At least the water is warm so you can last a long time until you get rescued! :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

There is Camp Mokuleia across the road from the DZ and some cabins just down the road. Can't think of the cabin's names, but they are relatively cheap. Turtle Bay is the only "resort" on the north shore. It is a pretty good drive down the coast, especially since the big ones will be hitting about that time and, from Turtle Bay, you will have to drive passed Sunset, Pipeline, and Waimea and through Haleiwa to get to Dillingham. The north shore is a great place, but gets a little hectic in the winter, especially Haleiwa. But if you have ever been to a big city during rush hour, it is still doable. Here's a hint though, Never blow your horn!

The DZ's are about 75 yards apart on the same road. If you want to freefly, you will probably want to go to PISC. If you want to do RW, then Skydive Hawaii would be better, although, there are some freeflyers there as well. PISC has a King Air. SDH has a Caravan. Both DZ's have very good people working there and will be more than happy to help you.

As stated previously, the jumping ends when the tandems run out. A noon to 2:00 sunset load is not uncommon. You will have more of an opportunity to jump with others on the weekend.

If need more info, PM me. Going up tomorrow and will try to get you the name of the cottages across the street. Occasionally available to jump during the week if you want to do a two-way or get some video of you with Kaena Point in the background. And getting out over the water isn't that bad, after you've done it a few times. And there are plenty of outs if you have a bad spot, and most of them are beaches.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.