NinjaBiscuit

Medical Requirements

The BSR states

All persons engaging in skydiving should:

a. blah blah blah
b. blah blah blah
c. Have completed the USPA recommended medical statement.

Who can tell me where I might find that 'USPA recommended statement? Also, I realize that the wording for this says "should" so arguably one could not worry about it. I hold a current private certificate which means I meet the requirement with my 3rd class medical, but curiousity and thinking ahead to teaching the sport one day have me wondering.

Gary B.
http://www.ninjabiscuits.com

The BSR states

c. Have completed the USPA recommended medical statement.

Who can tell me where I might find that 'USPA recommended statement?

It's in the 2003 SIM, page 21. Your drop zone probably incorporates it into their waiver.

"I represent and warrant that I have no known physical or medical infirmities that would impair my ability to participate in skydiving, or if I do have and such infirmities, that they have been successfully treated so that they do not represent any foreseeable risk while skydiving, or that they are being successfully treated so that they they do not represent any foreseeable risk while skydiving.

I also represent and warrant that I am not taking any medications or substances, prescriptions, or otherwise, that would impair my ability to participate in skydiving."

Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

That's a good question! My friend Heather and I were searching for a cool band name, and this just popped out. It sounds funny to me. When I hear 'biscuit' in certain contexts, it reminds me of the "Yosimite Sam" character when he had his butt on fire, yelling "MY BISCUITS ARE BURNING".

Alcohol was involved.

GB

Gary B.

I actually have had opportunities to visit my old home town and was able to thank past teachers. I actually thanked one for spanking my ass all the time. (Back in the day when there was no 800 number for reporting abuse of corporal punishment)

I'm a big fan of whooping those kids butt! I turned out ok, .....according to my therapist. As a matter of fact, he likes all my personalities.

Gary B.