andybr6

Empuria advice

Myself and a couple of friends will be heading out to empuria at the beggining of September. I was hoping someone could give me a bit of low-down, I have done a few searches but they don't really answer my questions. As far as accomadtion goes I was thninking of Bunkhouses, are they good? does the DZ have decent showers etc? If not i was thinking of camping so anyone have any experience of the local camp site?

A

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

The bunkhouses are quite nice IF:-
1.You dont get landed with nightmare room mates making the most of the ample social scene
2. There is no pool party going on outside your window
3. There is no concert in the local football stadium

The showers are great (mens anyhow, never seen the ladies).
Lockers are good and you can hire bedding for 4 euros.

Only draw back is the mosquitos the size of horses who will eat you alive so take some autan and a mozzy net if you can then some more autan.

1.618 !

Bunkhouses are cool and some of the nicest in the world but they can get hot if the weather is Hot because no airconditioning.... unless they put some in over the winter but i doubt it.. showers are great and toilets are clean..

But where ever youstay go rent a Bicycle from the bike shop so you can commute into town and back when weather is bad or in the evenings.. they dont cost much at all and if you get you whole group with one then bam you can go into town wihich is a great place to go.. also go to the Orange Kiwi on the beach, Bokken also has a bar but I forget the name of it which will serve some mean sangria.. so look out....

But Really Rent bicycles it makes getting around easy....and adds to the experience getting the town accessable...especially getting to the beach which is great place to have sunset beers..