Jumpalot

Jumping in the UK?

Hi All,

Just a quick question for those UK jumpers out there.

I will be moving to the UK this summer. Not sure where exactly, but somewhere in the general region.

Anyway, from what I can see, it seems really expensive to jump in the UK? Or, is this just the public face and once you get in it is actually cheaper? Are there any secrets?

I mean, £18-20 relates to on.about 27-30 euro, which makes it 6-8 euro more expensive than the rest of Europe... for each jump! And this is not including any federation or dropzone fees...

So, any insiders on this one? Or is just expensive? I have met a couple of UK jumpers in the past who never actually jumped in the UK, so I guess this could be the reason...

Thanks in advance for your help & advise...

Ciao,
Jumpalot

Nope, it really does cost that much:(

If you can figure out why it costs so much more then please let me know!

You can get it cheaper sometimes by bulk buying. I bought 100 tickets in Feb for £1600 (plus 6 friday tickets and another regular ticket thrown in) which makes the average price about £15.

Regular friday jumps at Langar are £15. It is ocassionally possible to do jumps at South Cerney for £10 midweek (it was mentioned for yesterday) but I'm not too sure of the details there.

Netheravon to a half price ticket for the first load (if it goes up at a certain time) but that also might only been from the crappy plane.

Pick your dropzone right and you can jump ok in the uk, pick the wrong one and you'll be going back to europe!