Joolee

El Gonna Dropzone in Egypt

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Egypt on holiday this year and was wondering whether any of you had jumped at the dropzone in Hurgada. Wondering whether it is worth my while trying to get there from Sharm El Sheikh for a few jumps. Appreciate any comments.

Joolee:)

Dear Joolee,

I know this reply is late, but I just joined these forums.

There is no dropzone in El-Gouna / Hurghada, I'm afraid. Nor is there one in Sharm El-Sheikh, at least yet. I'm part of a small team trying to get a civilian dropzone off the ground in Egypt. I'll be posting on these forums soon in this regard. Keep your eyes open, and anyone else who may be interested.

Blue skies,
ian

"where danger is appears also that which saves ..." Friedrich Holderlin, 'Patmos'

Ian,

Not so happy to hear there's aboslutely no dropzone in Hurghada or Sharm El Sheikh... I once did a duojump a few years ago and I think it must be amazing to do this again above the Red Sea... You may always contact me if you need contact with local people - I have a few Egyptian friends in Sharm, and my wife and I plan to move there in about 8 years... But I already heard there are accomodations to do a jump in Sharm - don't know if it's true; probably it will be illegal if it is...