kmfreefly

Titusville rocks!!!

Just wanted to share our wonderful experiences with everyone...
About the facility - a nice hanger with plenty of packing and lounging areas. Wide open field, with a special area for 1000+ jumps. Fantastic views of the ocean and the Space Center from the air. Easy to find, just off the freeway. No on site "restaurant", but who needs one when you have Mally. For only 5 bucks, she will make you the best home made food you've ever had at a drop zone. Close bunkhouse for crashing or post jumping lounging...

About the airplanes - Who can resist shooting up to 15,000 one EVERY load, in about 7 minutes?!?! Their King Airs are awesome jump machines, with a very nice extended ledge to make up for the smaller doors. They are being flown by excellent pilots with smooth take off and jump runs (thanks Greg and Snore!!). Never a bad spot in all of our jumps there... only thing, you better pack fast if you want to make every other load, and it's turning...

Most importantly, about the people - I have never been greeted so warmly at any DZ I have visited. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the locals are a riot to hang out with. We got in some freestyle training, and Mike X volunteered to shoot outside video for us. But, after a while, we were so tempted to play we couldn't resist. Fabian invited us along for some excellent freefly jumps (you've got to see his freefall grin...), and we had a blast jumping with the other impressive local talent (Noah, April, Mark, Adrian, and Miss Natasha). When we were just hanging out there was always someone cool to talk to - Clif Burch, Dean O'Flaherty, Dave Hillebrant (sorry if I screwed up the spelling guys). These guys have some serious depth in the sport and lots of cool stories to back it up...
Every evening after jumping we were invited out to dinner, or to parties... they almost insisted that we join them. One night we even found ourselves hanging out around a bonfire watching Napoleon Dynamite on a big screen in Snore's backyard...

We have been to lots of DZs all over the country, and there are many good places to jump. We visited several DZs in Florida while we were there, and we had fun, but we kept coming back to Titusville. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic vacation...

Karl and Merriah Eakins
Team Flew-id
Skydive Hutchinson, Minnesota
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

Titusville is my home dropzone, and it's always great to hear comments like those you posted. I have been out of skydiving for the past 4 months from a landing injury, but reading your post reminds me so much of how lucky I have been to jump with so many great people. I can't wait to get back.

PcCoder.net