SkySlut

Pink Elephants-Relaxation & Positive Thinking

Great article. Valuable info. If folks like Arizona Air Speed do it, it must work. Positive mental preparation is so important for success. I remember watching a rodeo rider (behind the chutes) just before he got on his bronc. He had his eyes closed and was visualizing every jump his horse was likely to make. Noone else I knew did this 25 years ago. This guy was always one of the top qualifiers in our circuit and his mental prep. may have been what made all the difference. I knew another guy who used to slap himself, even pull his own hair before getting on his bronc. His mental prep involved trying to get as P.O.ed as possible before nodding his head. This might not work for skydiving, but it worked for him rodeoing.....Steve1

Visualization helps and works. I do that all the time, true story, when I was still on AFF, I didn't like the idea of being 'guided' by radio, because I was thinking, 'I can get use to someone guiding me all the time' so, I watched a few videos about canopy control and then 'visualize' what I would do, and it worked, I wore a radio, but after level 3, the only thing on the radio was my instructor telling me 'Good job!' after landing.

Just visualize things that 'you' can do, it works.

My 2 cents.

:)Hey, sent Rob an E-mail. Keep on him for me. Also how was fishing???? I just returned from Arkansas and caught an 18" 7.75# Brown Trout, a 19" 8.2# Brown Trout, and then! A 29" 12.5# Brown Trout that is going on my wall!!!

Blues,

j.E.:)
James 4:8

Super nice!!! Thanks for the post in the other forum. But, we ended up just surfcasting at night....caught a bunch of sharks....only about 2 feet long, and a few blues and some redfish....really good time. It sucks that I am living in one of the best fishing spots in the world and I havent even been fishing down here...