ccowden

Duanesburg Skydiving

Just curious. I visited some friends this past weekend in Albany, NY and went past Duanesburg Skydiving. My friends house was only about 20 minutes from them. Thought maybe the next time I visited I would swing over and check the place out. I was under the impression that it was a small club that didn't really have a regular jumper crowd. But I have never really heard much else, so I could be wrong. I checked out the site, but it more for tandem students and doesn't really go into anything else.

So, would it be worth it for me to stop by if I am looking to get a few freefly/swoop loads in? Does anyone jump there or know about it? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Talk about memories.....
Spent some time down in Duanesburg in the late 70's, when T-10's and 28's were used in the JCC/ICC's that Larry S. the ASO ran.
I see Bob R. yearly at the Lake George Winter Festival. A nice time flying and jumping on the ice. He and Ros have long been split, Bob doesn't jump anymore (something about not taking care of his body), but is still active as a DZO. .

A lot of the regulars from those days are still around. A bunch of them jump at Mohawk Valley.