Chrisky

So i think of going to Perris...

Alright... My buddy just quit on me for the last week of August, but do i think about not going to Perris and get some tunnel time?
Hell, no. Haven't got a flight yet or anything, though, and some questions for my planning...

Best to fly to LAX from Vancouver?

How to get to the DZ? Enough people to do fun jumps with during the week?
What's going on at the DZ (on a daily basis) after sunset?

Does one need a car to get around or are there enough people hanging around to catch a ride (if you wanna watch a movie or the like...)?

How about the bunkhouse, is it cramped (=full) or easy to walk in this time of year? (I know i could've mailed the DZ right away, but there's so many peeps from Perris round here and i'm asking other stuff already so what the heck...)
Does it have lockers or just the usual closet/cupboard kind of furniture?

I want to get down there to get some coaching... Any help/info on that is appreciated as well.:)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I think august 20th 'til 30th-something, no real need for getting back too soon, as i finish school here on august 20th and only have to get back if i become a technical assistant, depending on my schedule then. Maybe i'll party a few days and catch up on sleep, so i might only get down there between august 20th and 23rd, i'll see.
Would be cool to meet you there! :)

I'm not going to be there until sometime after Monday 30th so looks like we might just miss each other :( shame would have been good to catch up... Kamloops May meet seems like ages ago... guess time really does fly when you're having fun! B|

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Well, as it looks of now my two roomies have quit so i will have to move by the end of august... Not sure whether i will be coming down straight after school, gotta find a new space first... [:/]
So i might get down there a later as planned...:)Like 27th-ish so i have enough time to find a new space and haul all my stuff there. (Hopefully i get a flight easily on such short notice...
Would of course involve me staying down there longer... and i don't have any tight agenda anyway.;)

Well let me know when you have sorted your plans out... I'd like to try and get some tunnel time whilst I'm in the US (assuming it isn't already booked up because of the nationals?)

I'm in the US until Oct 13th so my plans are flexible... on the look out for boogies or training camps in the area. Hope to see you out there. B|

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Ontario Airport is closer, but its easier to catch public transportation from LAX. couple of options:

Greyhound will cost you $10.50. From Los Angeles to Perris. Getting there is a trick, though:

Public Transit: Customer wishing to use local transit can connect to a free shuttle bus from LAX terminals to Metrorail. From the shuttle bus, board a Green line train at the Aviation-105 station, transfer to a Blue Line train at Rosa Parks Station, and exit downtown at Metro Center, Seventh and Flower streets. (Be sure to purchase a "One Way With Transfer" ticket at the rail station, or you will need to purchase a second one-way ticket upon transfer to the Blue Line.) Outside Metro Center along 7th Street, transfer to a #60 bus eastbound to Greyhound Lines' terminal at 1716 E. 7th Street. Call (800) COM-MUTE for information.

Shared Ride: Super Shuttle provides shared ride service to and from the Greyhound terminal. Call (800) 258-3826 for information.

The greyhound drops you off on 4th street in Perris, which isn't too far from the DZ.

Train:

1. take the shuttle from the airport to the Green line.

2. Take the Green Line to the Norwalk Metrolink station

3. Take Metrolink to West Corona

4. Take the Lake Elsinore bus (206 CommuterLink)to Elsinore. It drops off at the Elsinore Outlets.

The Metro 22 bus from the Lake Elsinore outlet center goes to the city of Perris and drops off not too far from the DZ.

Thanks for the info... How much for a cab?:P
Had my share of Greyhound experiences... All of the kind "I'll never use that f*cking service again!":S

Flights going to Ontario aren't that hard to find, as most cheap flights from Vancouver are going through Phoenix anyway. Guess i'll fly to Ontario.