allrightscud

Azerbijain

its as safe as any post soviet, oil rich, developing,republic can be. They are still at war wit armenia, not good. Armenia has claimed 30% of Azerbijain, but other than that they are very stable and trying to be westernised. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. Its a muslum county but not radical and they have a US embassy sorry Macdonalds in the very heart of the city. I think it'll be fine even although they border Iran. I just want to know if any of the oil guys on here have been and jumped. I know I have to bribe someone. I want to know who.

Too much is never enough!

All right scud?

Very interesting! I'd love to hear some of your stories upon your return! I'm actually a political science grad. student who recently took a democratization course with a German professor who specialized in Azerbaijani development. He often spoke frequently of his travels - and, yes - of having to bribe various individuals.
Be safe (in more ways than one!)
J.

Good luck, Lasy year I went to Baku for some work, and offcourse a s a skydiver myself I did try to find out for some skydiving,unfortunetly there is no dropzone but you can easly bribe some peoples at the local airport to get a lift if you bring your gear, good luck mate...

Beware of the water and fish - I would not recommend eating any fish caught in the Azerbijain area as much of the area is contaminated with Mercury!!!

(One of my former ecology professors does a cleanup/research expedition to Azerbijain each summer.)
Haylee