Flygator

Skydiving in Minnesota

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here. I'm going to Minneapolis/St Paul the week after next for 2 weeks and want to know where the best place to jump is. Any help would be nice! thanks in advance!

The secret to life is not arriving at the grave in a well preserved body but sliding in sideways completely worn out yelling "holy crap" what a ride!!!

Here's a cut and paste from a similar note from last summer. I've changed it to cover the weekend you'll be in and notes in italics. Send me a PM and I'll update you right before.

Three dropzones near Minneapolis. Get a map and see where the drives are for you. Check out the websites

Skydive Hutchinson - Hutchinson, MN - More freeflyers, smoking in the hanger, King Air is fast and the door is small. Very nice people and a great DZ. (www.skydivehutch.com)

Skydive Twin Cities - Baldwin, WI - All types of jumpers, can be clicky not lately though, better plane (Otter). Best relative workers in the area. Fast fallers. Good family and single types. Camping friendly. The Otter won't be here for another month www.skydivetwincities.com

Minnesota Skydivers - Waseca, MN - South of the cities. Club operation. Super friendly. Cessnas.

I'm a fanatical anti-smoker so I just don't go to Hutch even though I like the people and the plane. I'm a member at Owatonna, and spend 90% of my jumps at Baldwin. But for that weekend, you would likely have the best luck at Hutchinson.

Any drive is worth it depending on what you do more of (don't worry about distance, it's not a real factor for any of the 3 from the Twin Cities area). If you freefly and don't mind the smoke, Hutch is for you. If you want to do RW, or both RW and freefly, the Baldwin is the right place. Hutch is starting to develop more relative workers, they are also an all around DZ now

Have fun.

note that the weekend of April 17-18 is opening weekend at SDTC. I don't know if the runway is dry yet. But the opening weekend might mean parties, I don't know yet

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

thanks alot for the info. I'll check out all of them hopefully! By the way, are any of them open during the weekdays?

The secret to life is not arriving at the grave in a well preserved body but sliding in sideways completely worn out yelling "holy crap" what a ride!!!

thanks alot for the info. I'll check out all of them hopefully! By the way, are any of them open during the weekdays?

You should just call the DZs before you come out. To confirm the info on the website as to hours or operation. Your timing is right on the cusp for these places as to winter hours vs seasonal hours......

An additional hour east past SDTC into Wisconsis is Wissota Skydivers. It's a cessna club, but has some fantastic relative workers. (smoke in the clubhouse) two of them just came back from the world record in Thailand. This is liking jumping with family with these people.

That should do it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants