BleuSky

Vertical Wind Tunnel

Hi All

I was wondering if Vertical Wind Tunnel training is good for the AFF course that i've signed up?? Actually i've done a "flight" before to get the experience of "bodyflight" a couple of weeks ago! In fact the Instructors at my Skydiving School recommended me to complete my AFF course over 2 or 3 weekends. But i dun have the time and also MONEY to do it over such a short period! :(My fren and i was thinking of doing one level of AFF course on a bi-monthly basis and if possible, to get some training in the Vertical Wind Tunnel mthly basis! Dun know if that is an recommended??? Advise from experts pls??? thanx!;)

I've already made plans to cut down on vacations and shopping save up for my AFF course! hee hee!!! (more worth it than doing anything else)

Thanx All!

One of my instructors told me "Skydiving is not expensive. The first jump is a few hundred dollars, and then it's just 40% of your income for the rest of your life."

Welcome to the club. ;)

Having just graduated AFF not long ago*, I can tell you that the faster you go through it, the more you'll learn. Wind tunnels are an excellent tool but I think you need the jump experience more right now, personally. Get through AFF as quick as you can, then spend money on wind tunnels later when you cant to hone your freefall skills.

*Note: This makes me clueless and unqualified so don't listen to anything I say. ;)

7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

[:/]geez..... if that's really wat izit... guess i'll have to cut down on all my snacks, and other "entertainments" dah!!!!! the 1st level of my AFF course is only a few hundred bucks! but if i were to complete the stages in 2 weekends... that's gonna go up to at least fifteen hundred SGD! Hm.... guess i gotta take a step at a time lor.. unless i strike the top prize for the coming lottery!!!!! hahhah :P

I heard that Wind Tunnel training are good for brushing up skills like turns, loops etc... after completion of the 1st few stages??? Am i rite??

Anyway, thanx much for ur advice and encouragement! i really do hope that i can get my A license soon!

Don't 4get to Pull & Flare!!!!
;)

I only graduated AFF recently too so my advice is frm my own personal experience rather than being able to draw on what I have seen others do. The tunnel is cheap in comparison with an AFF lvl, however, you will probably still need to get someone to coach you in the tunnel so the price will start to go up. I'd agree the best way is get your AFF cracked as quick as possible as continuity is the key and only if you have problems go to the tunnel for extra help. I went straight through AFF but on my FS1 was having problems getting my legs to do what i wanted in turns so I paid for 10 mins in the tunnel and whilst it didnt sort it entirely it did help me on my way.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Hmm... oke, seems like the main issue here is not about money, it's also about getting continous and proper training! Cool.... then i'll go and try a few jumps 1st and then start on my AFF course once i've save enuff money for it!

But that's not going to stop me from jumping! hee hee at most, i'll repeat the 1st few levels for refreshing purposes!!!!!

Any good DZ for beginners like me in Aus?? cos i'm planning for a trip to Australia sometime end of this year! when exactly is a better weather for jumping??

Thanx very much for all the advises!!!!

"Never trade your soul to the fate,
fly high in the sky"

I hear a lot of folks talk about how fast they were able to do AFF, and how you should do it over the course of just a couple weekends.

I'm not so sure that that is the best way to do it, and I know that it would not have been the best way to do it for me.

I took quite a while to go through AFF (8 months), partly because of where I was jumping, partly because of an agreement I made with my wife, and partly because it was freaking expensive.

I took it at a pretty leisurly pace, savoring each and every jump. In fact, I still do that. A "lot of jumps" for me in a day is 4 or 5. more than that, and they kind of blend together, I don't have time to write a little novella in my logbook about each jump, etc.

The good side to the little novella is that I can go back through my logbook, and remember something about every jump. to me, that is more valuable than getting on every load... plus, this stuff is expensive! 5 jumps is nearly $100, and I can't afford to drop that kind of dosh too often.

I do, however, have a goal for this summer. I want to get my D. With 10 years in the sport, I figure it's time :~) 70 jumps and counting down.

yap, precisely manz...the instructors at my sky diving centre mentioned that it's possible to do 3 jumps a day, so 2 weekends, i'll be at the 6th level, (if i can pass and move on the next level smoothly). But the fact is that i'm working full time on weekdays, taking part-time evening courses! Guess maybe i'm too greedy, want to do too many things! hahah cos i'm prolly afraid that i'll lose this "craziness and courage" as age creeps up on me!

Watever izit, i think i shud go for my 1st few levels of jumps over the next mth and decide if i shud step on my accelerator and speed for my AFF over 2 weekends! Money, Money..... where to find u??? hahhah

I kinda envy u all having Boogies at DZ on and off..... If only there's Boogies in singapore or at our nearest DZ at M'sia!

Hey, are there actually any singaporeans out there????????????

Well, just excuse me... cos it's so hard for me to find ppl like u all here who are really so crazy about Skydiving.... In my this tiny little small country.. there's practically nothing much to do here... most of the ppl here either indulge in watching movies, shopping, singing Karaoke or doing nothing much! of cos there are sporty ppl ard, but seems like not many ppl are into skydiving! Scuba Diving is also and extreme sport, but ....... hey, lotsa singaporeans are into it! So can u imagine how delighted i was to find DROPZONE.COM?????? It's definitely a wonderful gathering place........ *imagine a cyber Boogie ne*>?????

Cheers...........
Fly High, cos there's nothing to fear!!!!!