pds

need info from instructional ratings manual

i have searched all of the documents available on USPA site for some information that appears to be contained in the instructional rating manual, which i don't have access to.

what i am interested in knowing is the criteria and procedures related to AFF rating renewal.

i will appreciate a reply here or im PM.
namaste, motherfucker.

Ref: AFF p. 3; IRM

A USPA AFF Instructor who cannot meet the annual renewal requirements or whose rating has expired for less than one year may renew by performing all of the following:

a. Audit a USPA Instructor Rating Course,
b. Under the supervision of a current USPA AFF Instructor, teach or assist at one complete first jump course,
c. With an AFF designated evaluator, satisfactorily conduct one complete AFF jump to include all jump preparation, supervision during the jump, and debriefing,
d. Acquire the signature of a current S&TA, I/E, or member of the USPA Board of Directors on the renewal application to certify that the recurrency requirements were met,
e. Pay the annual rating renewal fee.

For more than one year, but less than two years must:

a. provide to USPA Headquarters a written endorsement from an appropriately rated USPA AFF Instructor Rating COurse Director verifying that the candidate has:

1. received retraining and is again qualified to supervise students,
2. completed one successful ground preparation training session,
3. Made two evaluation jumps, including-
3.1 One Category C (Dual AFF Instructor) evaluation Jump,
3.2 One Category D (Solo AFF Instructor) evaluation jump modified with 360 degree turns and forwrd movement
b. Once the endorsement is obtained, the rating holder must meet all the renewal requirements for a USPA AFF Instructor that has expire dofr less than one year.

4. An AFF Instructor whose rating has expired for more than two years must perform the following:

a. reattend the entire classroom portion of the AFF Instructor Rating Course,
b. Complete one successful ground preparation session,
c. Make one Category D (Solo Aff Instructor) evaluation jump modified with 360 degree turns and the forwrd movement.

thanks. your real close. it's the section immediately preceeding that quoted that i am interested in.

i was kindly sent the PDF for the instructor ratings early this morning.

thanks for typing that up. i should have called off the quest before you went to the effort.
------------------------------

F. KEEPING AN AFF INSTRUCTOR RATING CURRENT
1. USPA AFF Instructors may annually renew their ratings with their USPA membership by providing documentation of any of the following:
a. that the rating was initially earned within the previous 12 months (no renewal fee required)
b. that the applicant has met the annual rating renewal requirements by performing all of the following within the previous 12 months:
(1) acted as instructor on 15 AFF student jumps
(2) attended a USPA Instructor seminar
(3) has conducted training or complete review training in Category A for AFF
(4) acquired the signature of a current S&TA, I/E, or member of the USPA Board of Directors on the renewal application to verify that the renewal requirements were met
(5) paid the annual rating renewal fee
c. met the renewal requirements for an expired rating
namaste, motherfucker.