Ron

Re: [skysquiffy] CYPRES Save!

She was fully geared and ready to exit at 2,000 AGL. That's apparently not a statement that you can
always make.
STL,
Emma.

Yes Emma in my 3,000 jumps and 10 years I have gone to the plane without my gear on. I have also hundreds of other stupid things.

You with your 130 jumps have 2,870 incedent free jumps more before you can pretend to be safer than me.

And for the record. I was seat belted in till 1,000 feet. If there was a situation, I would have ridden the plane down. Is the pilot stupid for not wearing a rig? And I had my rig on, and then the nice guy behind me was giving me a gear check when he tried to arm my CYPRES at 3,000.

So in 9 years and 2,870 more jumps if you have never done anything stupid...feel free to call me up and gloat..Until then, I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You with your 130 jumps have 2,870 incedent free jumps more before you can pretend to be safer than me.

The fact that she has less jumps than you does not mean her statement is not valid. Don't belittle those around you based on jump numbers, I'd like to think you're a better skydiver than that.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

She was fully geared and ready to exit at 2,000 AGL. That's apparently not a statement that you can
always make.
STL,
Emma.

Yes Emma in my 3,000 jumps and 10 years I have gone to the plane without my gear on. I have also hundreds of other stupid things.

And for the record. I was seat belted in till 1,000 feet. If there was a situation, I would have ridden the plane down. Is the pilot stupid for not wearing a rig? And I had my rig on, and then the nice guy behind me was giving me a gear check when he tried to arm my CYPRES at 3,000.

So in 9 years and 2,870 more jumps if you have never done anything stupid...feel free to call me up and gloat..Until then, I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open.

Wow, nothing defensive or condescending there. I simply pointed out a basic flaw in your argument. Telling me to "keep my mouth shut" was inappropriate, reactionary and quite frankly rude.

I do keep my eyes and ears open, which is why I was able to point out the fundamental error in your argument.

By the way, your high(ish) jump numbers DO NOT mean that I will listen to you without question. Don't bother using them as a credibility point.

The fact that she has less jumps than you does not mean her statement is not valid. Don't belittle those around
you based on jump numbers, I'd like to think you're a better skydiver than that

Its still fact.

I have a handful of really stupid things I have done.

And I don't hide them, so people can learn from them.

I do say that there was very little risk in me getting on the plane without a rig on. I knew I didn't have it on, everyone else knew I didn't have it on. I was planning on staying with the plane incase of an emergency...Just like every other passenger in most A/C, and the pilot in this one.

Then I have someone with 130 jumps try to call me unsafe?

Where was I unsafe? In the military we would rig in flight a lot, I did get a gear check (In fact three, me and two others). And this was once in 3,000 sport jumps....Now if she can tell me that she will not do anything bad in 2,870 more jumps I will call BS...

And if you can tell me you have not done anything dumb...Well I would throw the BS flag on that as well.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Wow, nothing defensive or condescending there. I simply pointed out a basic flaw in your argument. Telling
me to "keep my mouth shut" was inappropriate, reactionary and quite frankly rude.

Yeah and nothing in you getting on me was out of line either.

You seemed to have missed the whole point of me staying in the plane, and being belted in till 1,000 feet also. So where is the flaw?

And I think me telling you to come back after 2,780 more jumps without you doing anything stupid is appropriate...and more to the point I don't care what you think. My Mom still loves me.

By the way, your high(ish) jump numbers DO NOT mean that I will listen to you without question. Don't
bother using them as a credibility point.

My 10 years, 3,000 jumps, Instructor ratings, PRO rating, and several close calls DOES give me more credability that someone with 130 jumps.

That can work two ways. You have about 500 more jumps than I do. But until you have survived 28 years in this sport, "I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open", to quote your own words.:o

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

That can work two ways. You have about 500 more jumps than I do. But until you have survived
28 years in this sport, "I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open", to quote your own words.

Do you think I don't listen to you?

Wow, nothing defensive or condescending there. I simply pointed out a basic flaw in your argument. Telling
me to "keep my mouth shut" was inappropriate, reactionary and quite frankly rude.

Yeah and nothing in you getting on me was out of line either.

You seemed to have missed the whole point of me staying in the plane, and being belted in till 1,000 feet also. So where is the flaw?

And I think me telling you to come back after 2,780 more jumps without you doing anything stupid is appropriate...and more to the point I don't care what you think. My Mom still loves me.

By the way, your high(ish) jump numbers DO NOT mean that I will listen to you without question. Don't
bother using them as a credibility point.

My 10 years, 3,000 jumps, Instructor ratings, PRO rating, and several close calls DOES give me more credability that someone with 130 jumps.

Explain how I was "out of line" please. Because I pointed out one of the basic procedures that we all learn? I have not been rude, defensive or otherwise attacking. I also never claimed to be safer than you. Please don't misquote me. I will say what I mean every time, I don't require any reading between the lines.

You faulted someone's style during an emergency exit. I merely pointed out that, by your own admission, you could not have exited at all on at least one jump.

In my humble opinion, a person who dies in a plane crash, when he had a rig in front of him but couldn't gear up to get out, would look pretty foolish in the incident reports.

Once again, your ratings mean very little in the black and white. They are meaning less the more you feel the need to bring them up. You would gain more credibility with me by making sense.

always make.
STL,
Emma.

Ron, in another thread you have confessed to a number of stupidly low pulls. Just because you happened to survive doesn't make you safe.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You faulted someone's style during an emergency exit. I merely pointed out that, by your own admission,
you could not have exited at all on at least one jump.

A person who knocked themselves out. Not got knocked out, KNOCKED themselves out...When others didn't seem to have that problem. Don't you see the issue here? If she had not exited in the way that she did the whole issue would be nothing.

And there is nothing wrong with staying in the Airplane in an emergency...You will have to until 1000 or 1500 feet.

I infact have a buddy that is dead since he got out, and the observer and pilot landed just fine in the plane.

Once again, your ratings mean very little in the black and white. They are meaning less the more you feel
the need to bring them up. You would gain more credibility with me by making sense.

Why is it people with 130 jumps say jumps don't mean anything, and people without ratings say ratings don't mean anything? I listen when anyone with more experience (years or jumps) talks to me. And to be honest I learn from anyone.

What my jumps and ratings do say is I have seen and done more than you have. In the course of these jumps I have done several stupid things and on at least one occasion I should have bounced. So the experience I have earned through my stupid actions, and the stupid action of others does mean something. I also hope that you learn from my stupid acts and don't have to do them all yourself.

You don't know me....I suggest that you withhold judgement until you know me better.

But I don't care one way or the other.

Learn from me if you want...learn on your own if you must

Ron, in another thread you have confessed to a number of stupidly low pulls. Just because you happened to
survive doesn't make you safe.

where did I say I was safe?

I said when she has the same number of jumps as me and can tell me that she has not done anything stupid...THEN she can tell me I am unsafe. But I am betting that almost everyone has a stupid story. I have several, and I share them so people can learn.

My doing all this stupid stuff does give me more experience than someone that never did any of it.

Not saying its smart, not saying Im safe, not saying I know it all, or anything really.

But I have done alot, and seen more.

You faulted someone's style during an emergency exit. I merely pointed out that, by your own admission,
you could not have exited at all on at least one jump.

A person who knocked themselves out. Not got knocked out, KNOCKED themselves out...When others didn't seem to have that problem. Don't you see the issue here? If she had not exited in the way that she did the whole issue would be nothing.

As Kallend pointed out, this is an assumption.

And there is nothing wrong with staying in the Airplane in an emergency...You will have to until 1000 or 1500 feet.

I infact have a buddy that is dead since he got out, and the observer and pilot landed just fine in the plane.

And we all know of someone, or at least a story, where someone was saved in a car accident because they weren't wearing a seatbelt. However, your odds improve by wearing one. Are you suggesting to this newbie, that if a pilot calls for an emergency exit I should stay in the plane?

Once again, your ratings mean very little in the black and white. They are meaning less the more you feel the need to bring them up. You would gain more credibility with me by making sense.

Why is it people with 130 jumps say jumps don't mean anything, and people without ratings say ratings don't mean anything? I listen when anyone with more experience (years or jumps) talks to me. And to be honest I learn from anyone.

I have listened (read) what you have to say Ron, and I have determined from this limited exposure that it would require more than you saying "but I've got these ratings" to trust your direction.

What my jumps and ratings do say is I have seen and done more than you have. In the course of these jumps I have done several stupid things and on at least one occasion I should have bounced. So the experience I have earned through my stupid actions, and the stupid action of others does mean something. I also hope that you learn from my stupid acts and don't have to do them all yourself.

You don't know me....I suggest that you withhold judgement until you know me better.

Likewise. You have no idea what my experiences have been in this sport. I also haven't judged you. I've simply questioned some of your statements. Once again, reading between the lines is not necessary. If I think you're full of it, I'll tell you.

But I don't care one way or the other.

That's becoming painfully obvious. A wonderful attitude for a hightimer and instructor. You're really convincing me now.

Learn from me if you want...learn on your own if you must

I have learned from you Ron. I've learned that I don't ever want to have your holier-than-thou attitude no matter how many jumps I have. I've also learned that if my argument is falling flat, I won't fall back on how many jump numbers and ratings I have to prove my point.

My mum used to say "because I said so". That only held water 'cause she was putting the dinner on the table.

That can work two ways. You have about 500 more jumps than I do. But until you have survived
28 years in this sport, "I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open", to quote your own words.

Do you think I don't listen to you?

Silly me.:S You don't listen to anyone else, just Ron. I have put people like you, that have all the answerers, in body bags. You have not been around long enough to have all the answerers.B|
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Its not an assumption....She was the only one to knock herself out...And all I did was say she needs to look at why she was the only one to knock herself out...She was not knocked out by someone else...Her exit did it.

And we all know of someone, or at least a story, where someone was saved in a car accident because
they weren't wearing a seatbelt. However, your odds improve by wearing one. Are you suggesting to
this newbie, that if a pilot calls for an emergency exit I should stay in the plane?

Nope, but what I am saying is not to launch yourself up like a normal poised exit when the engine is at high power, and the tail low. That is THE lession here, not "run out and buy an AAD". We all know that an AAD is a good thing, some of us see that way to many people rely on them and we think its bad.

The lession is to not put yourself into a situation that you need to ahve an AAD save your ass...And if you do, you need to see what you did to put yourself in that situation.

You should never rely 100% on any skydiving device...Altimeters fail, mains malfunction, Reserves blow up, AAD's fail.

But DEPENDENCE on anything is bad. You WANT an AAD cool, You NEED it...not so good.

I have listened (read) what you have to say Ron, and I have determined from this limited exposure that it
would require more than you saying "but I've got these ratings" to trust your direction.

And like I have said...I don't care if you listen...Not true, I would rather you learn from my mistakes than see the ground rushing up at you while you are below 700 feet, or hook it into the ground, or climb out with a chest strap undone, or jump a canopy that is known to collapse, or be stupid and think low pulls are cool...ect.

But I don't care what you think of me as a person or instructor. I am who I am.

Likewise. You have no idea what my experiences have been in this sport. I also haven't judged you. I've
simply questioned some of your statements. Once again, reading between the lines is not necessary. If I
think you're full of it, I'll tell you.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that 3,000 is more than 130.
And you didn't question my statement you said

She was fully geared and ready to exit at 2,000 AGL. That's apparently not a statement that you
can
always make

DUH! I said it. But I was still safe...at least as safe as the pilot. So I don't see that as an issue.

Then you said

In my humble opinion, a person who dies in a plane crash, when he had a rig in front of him but couldn't
gear up to get out, would look pretty foolish in the incident reports.

And I have shown you were a guy that stayed in the plane lived and a guy that left died. Not the only time this has happened. You have to take into account what is up with the plane.

That's becoming painfully obvious. A wonderful attitude for a hightimer and instructor. You're really
convincing me now.

I really do have everyones best interests at heart....But you don't have to listen so why should I care if you don't?
Its your life, I just hope you live long enough to make the mistakes on your own that you could learn from others...Even if you don't like the way they pitch it.

I have learned from you Ron. I've learned that I don't ever want to have your holier-than-thou attitude no
matter how many jumps I have. I've also learned that if my argument is falling flat, I won't fall back on how
many jump numbers and ratings I have to prove my point.

Oh geeze just say I act like a skygod and get over yourself.

And again the ones with no experience saying that it does not matter.

My point is this girl could have saved her life by not exiting the way she did....I hope you can learn from this and not repeat it if you are ever in this situation.

But I can't make you listen.

If you don't like the teacher, you can still like the lession.

Its not an assumption....She was the only one to knock herself out...And all I did was say she needs to look at why she was the only one to knock herself out...She was not knocked out by someone else...Her exit did it.

Her EMERGENCY exit. At 2,000 AGL she was ready to exit the plane in what, I would think, is a high stress stituation. She maybe did not have the time to assess the angle of the plane or the ground speed. I don't know. I'm sure that after her experience she will take some time to analyze the whys and whats that lead to her striking the tail.

And we all know of someone, or at least a story, where someone was saved in a car accident because
they weren't wearing a seatbelt. However, your odds improve by wearing one. Are you suggesting to
this newbie, that if a pilot calls for an emergency exit I should stay in the plane?

Nope, but what I am saying is not to launch yourself up like a normal poised exit when the engine is at high power, and the tail low. That is THE lession here, not "run out and buy an AAD". We all know that an AAD is a good thing, some of us see that way to many people rely on them and we think its bad.

The lession is to not put yourself into a situation that you need to ahve an AAD save your ass...And if you do, you need to see what you did to put yourself in that situation.

You should never rely 100% on any skydiving device...Altimeters fail, mains malfunction, Reserves blow up, AAD's fail.

But DEPENDENCE on anything is bad. You WANT an AAD cool, You NEED it...not so good.

And I agree, but you seem to be making generalizations as to why people will not jump if they don't have an AAD. That choice does not necessarily make you dependent, it depends on the INDIVIDUALS reasons for that choice.

I have listened (read) what you have to say Ron, and I have determined from this limited exposure that it
would require more than you saying "but I've got these ratings" to trust your direction.

And like I have said...I don't care if you listen...Not true, I would rather you learn from my mistakes than see the ground rushing up at you while you are below 700 feet, or hook it into the ground, or climb out with a chest strap undone, or jump a canopy that is known to collapse, or be stupid and think low pulls are cool...ect.

But I don't care what you think of me as a person or instructor. I am who I am.

Who you are (again, by your own admission) has done an inordinate amount of stupid things during your skydiving career. As you have pointed out several times, avoid doing them in the first place. You're self-induced war stories are coming across as false bravado.

Likewise. You have no idea what my experiences have been in this sport. I also haven't judged you. I've
simply questioned some of your statements. Once again, reading between the lines is not necessary. If I
think you're full of it, I'll tell you.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that 3,000 is more than 130.
And you didn't question my statement you said

***She was fully geared and ready to exit at 2,000 AGL. That's apparently not a statement that you
can
always make

DUH! I said it. But I was still safe...at least as safe as the pilot. So I don't see that as an issue.

Actually I did question it. After your little story about how you ran to the plane carrying your rig, I asked "why?", "why did you board......?", etc. So yes, I did ask you a question. Do we really need to waste time arguing semantics?

Then you said***In my humble opinion, a person who dies in a plane crash, when he had a rig in front of him but couldn't
gear up to get out, would look pretty foolish in the incident reports.

And I have shown you were a guy that stayed in the plane lived and a guy that left died. Not the only time this has happened. You have to take into account what is up with the plane.

Absolutely true. However, you are talking about making a choice, an informed decision. One that you effectively removed by not wearing your rig. And I seriously doubt that if you judged the plane was going to end in a mass or twisted metal you would not sit there calmly and say "oh well, I made my choice to ride the plane down". You'd likely be scrambling to get in your gear. Of course we don't know, but if I ever see someone during an emergency situation who isn't ready to leave, they'd better get out of my way. I don't care how many jumps you've got.

That's becoming painfully obvious. A wonderful attitude for a hightimer and instructor. You're really
convincing me now.

I really do have everyones best interests at heart....But you don't have to listen so why should I care if you don't?
Its your life, I just hope you live long enough to make the mistakes on your own that you could learn from others...Even if you don't like the way they pitch it.

How you pitch it is critical. Surely as an instructor you are used to getting questions. How can you justify reacting in such an emotional, critical and condescending fashion? Once again, all I did was ask why you got on the plane without your rig on. You told me to keep my mouth shut.

I have learned from you Ron. I've learned that I don't ever want to have your holier-than-thou attitude no
matter how many jumps I have. I've also learned that if my argument is falling flat, I won't fall back on how
many jump numbers and ratings I have to prove my point.

Oh geeze just say I act like a skygod and get over yourself.

Do you act like a skygod? I hadn't thought about it, but now you mention it, I guess you are.

And again the ones with no experience saying that it does not matter.

Now I have NO experience. Not even a little? Some? Maybe?

My point is this girl could have saved her life by not exiting the way she did....I hope you can learn from this and not repeat it if you are ever in this situation.

But I can't make you listen.

When you wrap up anything sensible you have to say with an elitist attitude, you may be right.

If you don't like the teacher, you can still like the lession.

I don't like or dislike you. I have no personal feelings about you one way or another. I do know that what you've presented of yourself thus far would make me ask another person for advice and input.

As I said before, simply stomping your feet with "but I have all these jumps, I'm right and you're wrong" is not going to fly. I will and do question anything that I see (or read) that does not match what I have learned to this point. You seem to feel that you are beyond reproach or questions.

You obviously didn't like that someone asked you a question, you rushed to my profile, saw how many jumps I had and used that as your soul basis for telling me to "shut my mouth". Excellent way to teach. If you were so willing to put your "stupid mistakes" on the line, you should have been ready for some questions afterwards. From people with ALL jump numbers.

Her EMERGENCY exit. At 2,000 AGL she was ready to exit the plane in what, I would think, is a high
stress stituation. She maybe did not have the time to assess the angle of the plane or the ground
speed. I don't know. I'm sure that after her experience she will take some time to analyze the whys
and whats that lead to her striking the tail.

And thats all I ever said. You need to relook at WHY.
But I have seen people have a save and not do this..."Its why I bought it" Is what I am told.

And I agree, but you seem to be making generalizations as to why people will not jump if they don't
have an AAD. That choice does not necessarily make you dependent, it depends on the INDIVIDUALS
reasons for that choice.

Give me a reason that you would not do a hop n pop from 3,500 feet with out an AAD.

Who you are (again, by your own admission) has done an inordinate amount of stupid things during
your skydiving career. As you have pointed out several times, avoid doing them in the first place.
You're self-induced war stories are coming across as false bravado.

I would not say they are inordinate based on the number of my jumps...You said that. I have had close calls, and I bet there are several people that have had as many in the same number of jumps....I would rather you not have to ahve any...but its your life and your choice.

And its not false bravado....I just don't hide when I fuck up...I tell people so they can learn the lession if they wish.

Actually I did question it. After your little story about how you ran to the plane carrying your rig, I
asked "why?", "why did you board......?", etc. So yes, I did ask you a question. Do we really need to
waste time arguing semantics?

Because you said you didn't question me....So now you admit you did. I don't care really. I was as safe as the pilot or any other passenger would be.

Absolutely true. However, you are talking about making a choice, an informed decision. One that you
effectively removed by not wearing your rig. And I seriously doubt that if you judged the plane was
going to end in a mass or twisted metal you would not sit there calmly and say "oh well, I made my
choice to ride the plane down". You'd likely be scrambling to get in your gear. Of course we don't know,
but if I ever see someone during an emergency situation who isn't ready to leave, they'd better get out
of my way. I don't care how many jumps you've got.

Agreed, and thats the same thing I tell people who are getting on the plane with leg straps not done...Of course since I was next to the pilot it would have been hard to push me out the door though. And sinc eI went from seat belt to rig...The chances of an E exit in that one min...while there was very small.

How you pitch it is critical. Surely as an instructor you are used to getting questions. How can you
justify reacting in such an emotional, critical and condescending fashion? Once again, all I did was ask
why you got on the plane without your rig on. You told me to keep my mouth shut.

Actaully I told you to keep your mouth shut after you came back with this snide remark.

She was fully geared and ready to exit at 2,000 AGL. That's apparently not a statement that you
can
always make.

Thats not a question...a question ends with one of these (?)
and asks for more info...See the difference? (Notice the question mark!)

And most people don't act like a know it all smart ass to me when they ask questions...They get a very different response from me.

If you had asked why I went to the A/C with out a rig...Or maybe what I did you would have gotten a VERY different answer.

But you didn't you gave a snide remark, and got one back.

See the difference? (Again a question mark)

Do you act like a skygod? I hadn't thought about it, but now you mention it, I guess you are.

I only act this way to snot nosed know it all newbies. Take that how you like. Don't act like that, I will not act like this.

How would you like a person off AFF level 1 talking to you like you did me?

Remember you didn't ask a question...You made a snide remark. Ask questions all day. Act like a smart ass...Expect smart ass back.

When you wrap up anything sensible you have to say with an elitist attitude, you may be right.

When you ask a question (Which you didn't remember..you forgot the little (?) at the end) in a snide smart ass way...You get that attitude back.

I don't like or dislike you. I have no personal feelings about you one way or another. I do know that what
you've presented of yourself thus far would make me ask another person for advice and input.

Well I would hope you would talk to someone you trust as opposed to just trusting someone who can type.

As I said before, simply stomping your feet with "but I have all these jumps, I'm right and you're wrong" is
not going to fly. I will and do question anything that I see (or read) that does not match what I have
learned to this point.

I didn't do that till you got all smart assed.

You seem to feel that you are beyond reproach or questions.

Again, you didn't ask a question Remember no (?) at the end? (Notice the (?)). You made a smart ass coment with out any more info.

You obviously didn't like that someone asked you a question, you rushed to my profile, saw how many jumps
I had and used that as your soul basis for telling me to "shut my mouth". Excellent way to teach.

No there was no question (no(?)), just a smart ass comment. So then it was not teaching, it was responding to a smart ass comment. Totally different things.

If you
were so willing to put your "stupid mistakes" on the line, you should have been ready for some questions
afterwards. From people with ALL jump numbers.

again ask a QUESTION, and not make a smart ass comment. You will get an answer, not a smart ass reply.

Try me...You will find I will answer almost any question (May not be the right answer, but I will try me best to give a good one. And if I don't know I will gladly tell you I don't know)...I can even do it with out being a smart ass if you ask it like a question, and not a smart ass comment.

Care to try?

Ron

Her EMERGENCY exit. At 2,000 AGL she was ready to exit the plane in what, I would think, is a high
stress stituation. She maybe did not have the time to assess the angle of the plane or the ground
speed. I don't know. I'm sure that after her experience she will take some time to analyze the whys
and whats that lead to her striking the tail.

And thats all I ever said. You need to relook at WHY.
But I have seen people have a save and not do this..."Its why I bought it" Is what I am told.

And I agree, but you seem to be making generalizations as to why people will not jump if they don't
have an AAD. That choice does not necessarily make you dependent, it depends on the INDIVIDUALS
reasons for that choice.

Give me a reason that you would not do a hop n pop from 3,500 feet with out an AAD.

Who you are (again, by your own admission) has done an inordinate amount of stupid things during
your skydiving career. As you have pointed out several times, avoid doing them in the first place.
You're self-induced war stories are coming across as false bravado.

I would not say they are inordinate based on the number of my jumps...You said that. I have had close calls, and I bet there are several people that have had as many in the same number of jumps....I would rather you not have to ahve any...but its your life and your choice.

And its not false bravado....I just don't hide when I fuck up...I tell people so they can learn the lession if they wish.

Actually I did question it. After your little story about how you ran to the plane carrying your rig, I
asked "why?", "why did you board......?", etc. So yes, I did ask you a question. Do we really need to
waste time arguing semantics?

Because you said you didn't question me....So now you admit you did. I don't care really. I was as safe as the pilot or any other passenger would be.

Absolutely true. However, you are talking about making a choice, an informed decision. One that you
effectively removed by not wearing your rig. And I seriously doubt that if you judged the plane was
going to end in a mass or twisted metal you would not sit there calmly and say "oh well, I made my
choice to ride the plane down". You'd likely be scrambling to get in your gear. Of course we don't know,
but if I ever see someone during an emergency situation who isn't ready to leave, they'd better get out
of my way. I don't care how many jumps you've got.

Agreed, and thats the same thing I tell people who are getting on the plane with leg straps not done...Of course since I was next to the pilot it would have been hard to push me out the door though. And sinc eI went from seat belt to rig...The chances of an E exit in that one min...while there was very small.

How you pitch it is critical. Surely as an instructor you are used to getting questions. How can you
justify reacting in such an emotional, critical and condescending fashion? Once again, all I did was ask
why you got on the plane without your rig on. You told me to keep my mouth shut.

Actaully I told you to keep your mouth shut after you came back with this snide remark.

can
always make.

Thats not a question...a question ends with one of these (?)
and asks for more info...See the difference? (Notice the question mark!)

And most people don't act like a know it all smart ass to me when they ask questions...They get a very different response from me.

If you had asked why I went to the A/C with out a rig...Or maybe what I did you would have gotten a VERY different answer.

But you didn't you gave a snide remark, and got one back.

See the difference? (Again a question mark)

I only act this way to snot nosed know it all newbies. Take that how you like. Don't act like that, I will not act like this.

How would you like a person off AFF level 1 talking to you like you did me?

Remember you didn't ask a question...You made a snide remark. Ask questions all day. Act like a smart ass...Expect smart ass back.

When you ask a question (Which you didn't remember..you forgot the little (?) at the end) in a snide smart ass way...You get that attitude back.

I don't like or dislike you. I have no personal feelings about you one way or another. I do know that what
you've presented of yourself thus far would make me ask another person for advice and input.

Well I would hope you would talk to someone you trust as opposed to just trusting someone who can type.

As I said before, simply stomping your feet with "but I have all these jumps, I'm right and you're wrong" is
not going to fly. I will and do question anything that I see (or read) that does not match what I have
learned to this point.

I didn't do that till you got all smart assed.

You seem to feel that you are beyond reproach or questions.

Again, you didn't ask a question Remember no (?) at the end? (Notice the (?)). You made a smart ass coment with out any more info.

You obviously didn't like that someone asked you a question, you rushed to my profile, saw how many jumps
I had and used that as your soul basis for telling me to "shut my mouth". Excellent way to teach.

No there was no question (no(?)), just a smart ass comment. So then it was not teaching, it was responding to a smart ass comment. Totally different things.

If you
were so willing to put your "stupid mistakes" on the line, you should have been ready for some questions
afterwards. From people with ALL jump numbers.

again ask a QUESTION, and not make a smart ass comment. You will get an answer, not a smart ass reply.

Try me...You will find I will answer almost any question (May not be the right answer, but I will try me best to give a good one. And if I don't know I will gladly tell you I don't know)...I can even do it with out being a smart ass if you ask it like a question, and not a smart ass comment.

Care to try?

Ron

I'm not going to splice amongst all your comments as there's only so many times a person can respond to "smart ass" and "it wasn't a question".

You have failed to ever answer the first question I posed to your post. Go back and read it, the first one. You didn't respond and there wasn't a snide thing about my questions. Unless, of course, you choose to see it that way.

The second post was an observation based on your comments. I did not intend to be snide. You may feel it was a smart ass comment, but that's merely your perspective. It's how you chose to take it.

As an instructor, and somebody with so many jumps, experience, and harrowing experiences you would've thought your skin was a little thicker.

You are still being reactionary and overly sensitive in my opinion. You've resorted to redundant name calling and splitting hairs about question marks.

And as a point of fact, I realized recently as the plane was about to take off that my AAD was not turned on. I didn't fiddle with it and I still jumped. I did not change my skydive in the least.