steve1

Anyone else like night jumps?

I LOVE NIGHT JUMPS.... course I only have one & that was done last weekend. It was so wonderfull to beable to see all of Chicagoland area & beyond to the darkness of the lake. I can't wait for the next one, when I won't be so nervous & will look even further. I almost went hypoxic on the ground an hour BEFORE the load went up:o. but once i was in the door & knew where the dz was - i've NEVER been that excited before!! Man it made for a great night... saw the sun come up from inside the tent:)!

Still not too sure about jumping w/ more than 1 other person... don't need that many canopies that appear out of nowhere like a bat flying around me - esp when I have a 1000 ft snivel.

it's amazing how w/ a grass runway dz - everything does look the same. sure, in the daylight the little tiny country towns have differences, but @ night one looks just like the other.

we are in the BEST SPORT EVER!!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Andrea said: "Y'all ain't right in the head".

Funny Andrea,

I think I heard that very phrase quoted more last saturday night in Perris than ever before, and I think I was one of the people saying it... ha ha

Remember when sex was safe, and skydiving was dangerous?

Done my first 2 night jumps last saturday night at The Skydiving Place. The first one was a solo and the second was a three way. Absolutely wonderful!

The secret to life is not arriving at the grave in a well preserved body but sliding in sideways completely worn out yelling "holy crap" what a ride!!!

One of my fondest memories parachuting was doing the '99 - '00 night jump rollover at Z-hills. Haagen-Daz had just informed me what a "raisin farm" meant and why I was not to land on one of them. I exited in a 2-way sit oriented toward the Gulf. The beach front communities were lighting off their pyrotechnics against the pitch black Gulf, and we just soaked it in, the view was freakin' spectacular. I landed a few feet from the burning Z and a beautiful woman ran up to me and handed me a bottle of cheap champaign which was delicious (thanks TJ). I savored that memory over a bonfire and fell in love with night jumps all over again. They can be a wonderful thing.

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

yup... love 'em... made 2 last week... landed one in the dark part of the DZ by moonlight.. landed the other by the fence in the wussy illuminated section ;)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

I do night jumps for the thrill and beauty. I did 2 2-ways with a friend on the same night and we mostly watched the river and the moon and lights below. I love them, but they're so long after beerthirty and the weather doesn't always cooperate.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

The only problem was that there was almost no moon or stars out due to the clouds that night. I mean it was blacker than black out. We were all geared up and were ready to go, when finally one of the more experienced jumpers had sense enough to call the whole thing off.

I'm not sure how many night jumps I have, probably around 20, maybe a couple more, but I only have 3 with any sort of moon up, and it was behind clouds on one of those. Night jumps w/ no moon are way more fun than night jumps w/ full moon, unless you're trying to land in a stadium that has turned off all their lights! :o My last night jump was with a full moon and it was like...light out. I could see well enough to even throw a little front riser turn into the landing...of course then my shadow scared the hell out of me as I was coming through the recovery arc. :$ No shadows to deal with on a no moon night. Oh well, I still got a decent swoop out of it, thus making it my funnest "with moon" night jump, and certainly better than a panic turn to avoid my shadow.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)