clouddancerss

AFF Training

I made my first tandem jump a couple of weeks ago, and am considering AFF training.One of the programs I'm considering is the ISP at Orange Virginia's dropzone, and another is the windtunnel Aff at Deland.I know it's expensive, but it sure seems the way to save a lot of repeat jumps,from what I've read.
Can someone give a confused newbie some good/bad points of these?
Thanks so much!:)

The ISP is a block diagramed roadmap of pathways through all of the USPA's training programs with the goal of training you to be a safe, self-sufficient skydiver. There are four generic starting points: Tandem, Static Line, Instructor Assisted Deployment, and Accelerated Freefall. There are also several hybrid programs which is what the ISP was designed to accomodate.

Regardless of what path you choose, all are generally safe when done with proper equipment and proper supervision.

There are many resources available to you such as books, the USPA website (www.uspa.org), and knowlegable members of the instructional community.

The choice of how to proceed is up to you and your wallet or credit limit.;)
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook