Meadman

Mals and pull altitude

Rarified means scarce or thin. This implies that mals are more common when openeing higher.

Personally I wouldnt chopose to call air at 3500 more "rarified" than 3000 or 2500. I would use that term to describe altitudes 16k or higher where you need supplimental oxygen. THATS rarified.

Is air density a factor at all?

Normally? No.

At all? Well, ok, yes.

Deploying your canopy at terminal velocity at a very high altitude (let's say, 30,000 feet) can cause higher than normal opening shocks and can even cause it to structurally fail.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I realize that, but there is less O2 in the atmosphere which is what a Ram-air canopy uses to inflate correct?

The percentage of O2 is roughly the same at all altitudes from sea level to well over 100,000 feet above it.

The pressures and densities are different.

It's not so much that the canopy opens "faster" but that terminal velocity is so much higher than the range of speeds, from fast freefall to being under canopy is much greater -- therefore the opening will be harder -- possibly hard enough for the canopy to fail (tear apart).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I realize that, but there is less O2 in the atmosphere which is what a Ram-air canopy uses to inflate correct?

Again, I am dumb and am just wondering here...

The canopy doesn't care if it's O2 or N20. It's not like there's a filter that only lets certain gasses into the cells.