schattenjaeger

How long usually is one's "student progression"?

I see people saying they're still in their student progression, what all does that entail? I'm an AFF level 3 who went to his first jump with little to no intention of going ever again(maybe again with a friend)after that first jump I quickly decided I would give it a second shot to make up my mind(although I think it was made up about 3 seconds into the first skydive:)_<

Anyways, I'm still in the "do what they say when they say" phase, so what happens after AFF?

After you get done with the AFF there will be some progression taken towards getting your A lic. That might be in the form of formal warp or coach jumps, or another method as offered by your DZ.

You will get to do a solo dive and hopnpop at some point as well.

Once you get your A its pretty much up to you what you want to learn. There are so many things to learn in skydiving that there is always a reason to jump more :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

...there is always a reason to jump more. :)

There's the spirit. ;)

I received my A liscense less then 2 weeks ago. Being at the DZ at Skydive San Diego... I just feel like a sponge... as I learn from everyone there. We loose the "Student" title once we get our A liscense I believe... but I think we'll always be learning as we go. I do know w/o a doubt each jump is better then the last!

Brandon.