philh

How much tunnel time?

Im planning to go to Perris Valley for 4 days in November for some tunnel flying. How much tunnel time do you think I should book?I want to mazimise my available time in the tunnel but without ripping my muscles to shreds. For skydiving - 1 hour of free fall , well I would probably get that done in 10 days assuming perfect weather and my muscles usually ache a bit. Im tempted to book 2 hours, but do you think this is too much? Im reasonably fit, work out every day and wieght 67 kilos and am 5 foot 7, but I still ache if I do too many skydives (usually my arms from head up flying). What do you reckon?

I did 2 hours and 15 minutes over 3 days. Yeah, you will hurt. So? If I had it to do over, I'd have done at least 2 1/2 hours. Do as much as you want to do and as much as you can afford to do. The pain is manageable, the tunnel time is worth it! You will be getting a coach, right?

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Hi Phil,

Go for as much time as you can afford. I've done 2 hours in two days and while I picked up some bruises and yeah I was tired, I never got to the point where I thought I was wasting my money. In fact if the slots had been available I'd have done more.

I found the tunnel to be really addictive and I've been back again and again and.....

The tunnel is awesome, not skydiving, but as a learning tool and fun factor its simply awesome.

Start stretching now, every day, and make sure you stretch before and after your sessions in the tunnel.

And yes coaching makes a big difference. Figure out what you want to learn/improve/focus on and go through it with your coach before you get in the tunnel to maximise the benefit.

Expect to have a face ache, your gonna be smiling wider than a wide mouthed frog.:)
You lucky lucky person.