pccoder

Skydiving on TV

You would think that a network like ESPN2, who routinely carries events like Poker and Skate board games (nothing wrong with either of those) and Fantasy card games, would be interested in covering skydiving events. At the very least it would seem logical that they would cover the nationals and world games. But until we can get an audience of at least a million consumers, we won't get any air time.[:/]
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

its kinda sad.
beside the celeb doing a tandem gig which happens every few weeks there's nothing.

a TV show dedicated to extreme sports did one episode on skydiving.
but you're right, there is an "extreme" sports channel that mostly shows snowboards, and wind surfing... never saw anything about skydiving.
maybe its because people think we simply fall out of a plane and do nothing...

o
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

There was a show on The Science Channel recently on DirecTv called "Understanding", it was about risk takers. If you have DirecTV you can set it to search titles and descriptions of shows for certain keywords and it will alert you when something is coming up. I have mine set for skydiving and parachute. I had it set for sky but it kept bringing up crappy movies on the hallmark channel.

Big Ed