gerryfuss

audible came back!

Last summer I purchased a used skytronic audible altimeter from ebay. I even payed the seller an extra $10 to have it packed properly to insure no damage. Well his idea of secure shipping was to pack it loosely in a small box with a bit of crumpled newspaper (not even packed tightly). When I recieved the parcel I could hear somthing rattling around the bottom of the box. great. I then found that the device was not functioning properly. The seller didn't say anything about the shipping but said the unit was fine when he had it so I must have broken it. After arguing with the brick wall of a seller on the subject I contacted parasport italia who manufactured the item to see if they had any suggestions. They suggested I ship it to them so they could take a look at it. I shipped it in late December and just recieved it back last week. They ended up repairing it for free. The unit appears to be functioning properly on the ground (which is more than I can say for it before). I won't be able to actually test it till the spring but I have faith it will work. Thanks to parasport for repairing my second hand skytronic with no hassle and turning a shitty situation around. Now I'm :)

Kudos to Parasport Italia for their great customer service.

My similar story:

I bought a used Pro-Dytter on eBay last year, sent the Seller the eighty-something dollars by money order as requested, and received an email saying "your package will ship today."

One week - nothing. Ten days - nothing . . . I sent another email (no reply). Two weeks - nothing. Three weeks - nothing still . . . sent another email.

Shortly after that I got a very apologetic email from the same guy using a different email address, explaining that he was on the way to mail my package and caught his girlfriend messing around with another guy.

The reason for the communication lapse was that he got pissed and drove his truck into the guy's house, and had been sitting in jail. He was out on bail, using a friend's computer.

I got my Pro-Dytter and a great story. True or not, the story was worth leaving him positive feedback regardless.
Arrive Safely

John

His user name was uyopilot on ebay. Real name was Frank Bell. I don't recall which state he lived in. there is a uyopilot registered here but it says they have never logged on. I had actually left feedback prior to recieving the item (stupid) and then he never left any for me. I don't use ebay very often so I don't care about the feedback so much.