Mush

Near Death experience

I was chatting to a friend who's partner had done 2 tantrums.

When I told her of the thrill I get from skydiving, she replyed that the near death experience I seek everytime I jump just dosen't do it for her.

I never said anything of the like to her before so I can only assume that her partner feels like this.

When I leave a plane, the first 3 -5 seconds are like the most life embracing moments of felling totally free I have ever known, then I think, oohhh yea I know this feeling & just fly, when I board a plane to jump I don't feel that it will be a close call with the ole grim reeper.

Is it a Near Death experience, or am I just not getting the picture?????????

DOn't stressa bout it. Most WUFFOs seem to think that we all jump to get that adrenaline rush like a near car accident cause they don't understand "thrill seekers". Just smile and nod and leave it alone. It is like trying to explain why you like art or something else like that. They will never understand it
Chris

My first 2 jumps were pure electric terror. Far, far different from my jumps now. (Well, most of them. ;))

I tell my whuffo friends who ask what skydiving is like that it's like a ride with a lot of different parts, and perhaps the most special, freefall, is like swimming in a pool of clear, thin water you can breathe. I've had some whuffo friends stop and think after hearing that.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

DOn't stressa bout it. Most WUFFOs seem to think that we all jump to get that adrenaline rush like a near car accident cause they don't understand "thrill seekers". Just smile and nod and leave it alone. It is like trying to explain why you like art or something else like that. They will never understand it

Isn't that why you started? I know that I started this for the adrenaline rush. I am still loving it. It just takes pushing it a bit more to get it now. If this didn't give me a rush/excitement, I don't think i'd spend so much $$ and time on it.

Maybe it's just me?.

Me neither, I was never in it for the adrenaline rush, I think when you start skydiving the first 50 jumps or so ( please correcet me if I'm wrong, I only have 50 odd jumps) are beyond adrenaline, I think some people get into the jumping thing because of the adrenaline rush they got off ground sports & thought they could get the same rush in the air, it's not the same type of rush.

Some people are driven by a force that they do not understand to jump in the skies.

For whatever reason, we are all doing the same thing, for me, it's not for the adrenaline rush, I can get that on the ground, it's something diffrent, what is it for you.

I get that a lot as well.

People tell me I'm going to die, and yet know nothing about skydiving. I just shake my head.

And like I told people, before i started jumpin' I was afraid to leave this world, becuase I had so much more I wanted to do. If I die now, whether it be skydivin or not, I will go peacefully, since I am pretty sure there is nothing that will provide me with more joy than skydiving. So if I go in, you all can know that I did it spending my last moments exactly where I wanted to be. I have thoguht plety times that bouncing would actually be my preffered way of going.

Back to the point, I dont think anyone that knows nothing about the sport can judge your engagement in skydiving as dangerous. Just ignore 'em!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I think it's the atmosphere, the stories, the videos, the sharing, the challenges, the feeling of family, the trying to fly like a bird, etc. I do it for all those reasons and more. I love this sport and hate to think how much I would have missed had I never got into it.

PcCoder.net

For whatever reason, we are all doing the same thing, for me, it's not for the adrenaline rush, I can get that on the ground, it's something diffrent, what is it for you.

for me it is the fear, then the RUSH, then the flight. I get a huge rush from exit every time. it is my crack. If I go a week without it, Im a friggin mess.

Blue ones.

Bryan

D27808

for me it is the fear, then the RUSH,

I think if you broke it down, i would be a little more like this:

The RUSH is:

1. Knowing that you can jump outta planes
2. Knowing that you have jumped outta planes
3. knowing that you will jump outta planes
4. driving to a dz knowing that you will jump outta a plane.
5. kitting up ready to J.O.P.
6. Manifesting to J.O.P.

Get the picture B|

Add your own stuff as you like & I'm sure most skydivers will come up with around 50, if not more things that they think about before each jump, you could be S/L, AFF, flat, freefly, new to headdown, video, whatever, the process is the same, you have to go through a certian amout of things before your brain tells you "you are now good to go".

Once you have passed all these prossess, all you have to decice is the biggest one, DO I WANT TOO.

Every time someone tells you that it's too expensive, think of what your getting for your JT, for me, I get a RUSH each time I think or go through something jump related, that's a lot of RUSHES, it's one hell of a sweet deal.

for the $$$$ or the ££££ or the euros or whatever you pay, that' good V.F.M.

I think it's the atmosphere, the stories, the videos, the sharing, the challenges, the feeling of family, the trying to fly like a bird, etc. I do it for all those reasons and more. I love this sport and hate to think how much I would have missed had I never got into it.

....NOW somebody has finally gotten it correct..:o
What we're talking about here is a Near LIFE... experience.. and the stuff that happens between exit and landing is simply the cherry on top of the Ice cream Sundae !!! B| :ph34r: :).... adrenaline rush??? If I want that,, I go out on the interstate.....where you can really experience "near death".or else I go to the local mall,,, when they are having a 30% Off Sale :S... o[:-) jmy