loudawg

First solo this weekend!

Ok, not like any of you care, but I'm gonna be able to make it out to Elsinore this Sunday to do my first (and probably second) solo jump! I'm totally stoked. This week has been hell for me with all the school work I have been doing. Sunday will be a great break.

So who's gonna come jump with the noob, huh? :) I plan on getting it done through Elsinore anyway, but it would be kinda neat to have my own raw copy to play around with as well. Is it even allowed to have someone jump close to me, since I'm still a student?

If you're gonna be out there this Sunday, try to find me in the morning. I'd love to meet you and chat with you, rather than just isolate myself and do my own thing. I just noticed that there's an event there this weekend...that'll be cool.

Hope to see you out there!

~Lou

Congrats! I did mine last week - you'll have a blast!!! I only hope that the winds cooperate here in the northeast so I can get some more jumps in - I'm jealous for you being in SoCal!

You may want to ask the camera flyer at your DZ if you can pay extra to keep the raw DV footage. At The Ranch where I jump, training video is $35 for the service, and I pay $6 for the DV tape so I can edit it myself.

Feed the addiction!

You are going to have a blast! If you and your instructors are comfortable with it do a exit where you fall out the door back to earth and give everyone a crazy face! I mine was like that just a nestea plunge out the door. Crazy feeling after 3 or 4 seconds I fliped over and played around, threw in some prcp's. You will be amazed at how long you have up there. I kept looking and thinking ok it's got to be d-time nope, 9k. Play some more ok it has GOT to be time nope 6k. Playing stopped there and waited out the last 3k with my eyes on it. When you dump and under a safe canopy look out and up on the flight line and see all the people falling and dumping. I had only seen my instructors dump not everyone else until my solo jump. Your first post training 2 way dock will blow your mind too. Have fun safety first.:)

Hi, Lou!

A suggestion...do your first solo "solo"...get out there, by yourself, and fly. It's really weird being alone, and I wanted to hire a vid guy to come with me so I could have someone in the sky...but decided against it.

Have fun, pay attention to your alti (and no, it isn't broken...;)), and relax...at least for the first one.

I wish I could come out, but work's got me hopping right now. I'm sure a tall, handsome guy like yourself will not be alone...;)

Ciels - and congratulations!!
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~