blueskyserenity

SIX FIRSTS (Yes I owe Beer)

What a great Sunday of jumping at Skydive Monroe's Spring CASA Boogie. I had SIX FIRSTS!!! My first two way (sort of) on my first jump off of AFF flying the first parachute I've ever packed (talk about nerves) in my first CASA airplane at my first participating boogie with my first stand-up landing. I feel extremely accomplished and my chest and heart are swollen w/ pride!!! :):)
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Definately a great feeling and I honestly don't know what was different. I slid all my AFF jumps in on my rear.:S Maybe I was more comfortable. I was so stoked that the chute I packed opened softly w/out any problems that by the time I made it to the ground I was feelin good!!! A couple of tip-toe landings yesterday. Almost fairy like.
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Congrats to you! I remember the first time I jumped my own pack.
We were sorting out exit order and someone asked me where I was pulling:
"5K"
"Huh?" (I'd been progressively pulling lower, it caught them by surprise.)
"First pack job," someone else said.
They all had a good laugh and then someone said:
"Beer. No, seriously, man. Beer."
-C.

Congrats.
Haven't packed my own rig yet, but wished I had yesterday when it took me 1 hour to get a pack job! Twice!!!
Hell, that's what the silver handle is for...
If you ever head to Perris, drop a line, and we'll do a 2(+?) way. That'll be a first, and I'll buy the beer.

Blue skies with winds blowing the friendly way,

Nick

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Congrats.
Haven't packed my own rig yet, but wished I had yesterday when it took me 1 hour to get a pack job! Twice!!!

Honestly, that's why I decided to go ahead. I had attended a class the Wednesday before and have been practicing a bit and watching alot. Huge boogie (by my newbie standards), tons of people, and one packer[:/]. So instead of waiting for what could've easity been an hour + I figured what the hell. I had people watching over my shoulder thank goodness. I was confident, but still a bit skeeerrred!! It was all good and I packed it for my next jump as well. I'm renting gear and this is a great way to save $5. Learn to pack ASAP. You will pat yourself on the back later.

Hey Marianne,

Well done! I remember what it felt like for me when I started building on my early successes, especially those fast landings :o. It's hard for me to believe I have come this far considering I was a nervous wreck most of the time (I'm still a nervous wreck but, thank god, less often!).

Good luck and welcome to the sport. Like my nerves, which diminish with time, the beer rounds just get better.

Dave.
My favourite saying is under construction...

Thanks guys!! I'm looking forward to all the experiences that come w/ this sport. My sis keeps laughing at me "I just don't understand what motivates you to jump from a perfectly good airplane w/ a sheet on your back!";) To more firsts!!!

LOL....Blame it on Rachael. I didn't see anyone forcing those jello shooters down your throat. :P

Marianne, You and Marc should come out to the Farm this weekend!! If there is a possibility, shoot me an e-mail. Sorry I missed you guys on sunday. My knee was a bit swollen from my crash on Sat.

Erin

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."