kinney29

Away from the sport.

I've got to admit it I've been away from the sport for too long. I no longer tell people I skydive, because I have to much respect for the sport and the people in it, to say that. To me that would be like a person who just got back from there first tandem telling people they're a skydiver.
Granted I have my licence and over 100 jumps. But the last 2 years my life has changed in so many ways that I spend my time @ the office or at home.
In the process of moving half way across the country I lost my log book which is very depressing. My student jumps were so great to read because the instuctors were so great. Anyway, I miss the sport so much and that's why I hanging around this site again. Does anyone having any advice for what I should and could do?

Missing everyone,
Steve

How about, renew your USPA membership which will reactivate your license, go to a local DZ, explain situation to S&TA who will probably require you to do a refresher ground school to make sure you still know what you are doing and then do a level IV check out dive with an AFF/I...

Then fun jump your brains out and work on all those skills you forgot...

read here for more info: http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/2005SIM/section5.htm#52
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

You may also consider having your old DZ call the new DZ (or vice versa), so that the old DZ can vouch for you, and the fact that you have previous training.

At my home DZ, they are very willing to do this (they even offered to call ahead to places that I might vacation, so that the DZ would know that I was coming, and had training).

Hi 29,
Well, at least you got your "B" and Uspa has a record of that!
As for your log, it will be a hassle but considering that it hasn't been too many years, try getting in contact with the people you jumped with and go thru their logs and re-record the jumps you made with them.

I like to keep detailed logs, (who's on the dive, formations, "video") and have helped some of my unfortunate friends "re-remember" dives we made together.

Good luck!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Shortly after my AFF my log book was stolen from my car, the DZ where I trained helped me recreate a log book from their records. Sadly the instructor notes are missing but the record is there, has been signed off, and has been acepted by other drop zones.