GeordieSkydiver

1st Cut away this weekend...

I had my first malfunction this weekend at OFR6, after a pretty crappy pack job (by me) I had a tension knot in my righthand brake lines.:o

Spun me into a flat turn, I tried to pump the brake loose, when that didnt work, I cut it away and landed the reserve.

Didnt really even get excited about it till afterwards, I guess the training works!

Lee
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

I had my first malfunction this weekend at OFR6, after a pretty crappy pack job (by me) I had a tension knot in my righthand brake lines.:o

Spun me into a flat turn, I tried to pump the brake loose, when that didnt work, I cut it away and landed the reserve.

Didnt really even get excited about it till afterwards, I guess the training works!

Lee

I think I made a jump with you. I was the old guy in the orange jumpsuit complaining about the way you spoke english.:P On your cutaway, where you the one that downwinded the blue reserve?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

That was me, were you the guy with the Daughter in Bristol? If so, nice to meet ya.

I was so intent on watching my freebag and main go down, and looking up at my perfect blue canopy, that by the time I noticed the wind had changed, I felt a little too low to turn, so I downwinded it.

Was a little fast, so I just skidded in on my Ass. No harm done.

Lee

Edited to add... Yes, I know I'm a dumbass.:$

You walked away from it, good landing. I was the guy that went after your fee bag. Your safety stow was still in it. I never get that lucky.

Oh, that was you? Thanks for getting my gear for me, by the time I got my rig off, all my stuff was back at Bob Celeyna's Trailer.

I got it re-packed today at California City by Soko.

Thanks again.

Lee

Lee

I had the exact same situation this weekend, but it was a line over. Oh well, at least it was NOT my first pack job.