crewshell

First Tandem -- man oh man

o.k so i was in Vegas for my 21st birthday and i ask my friend jokingly "hey want to go sky dive" haha and he said SURE CHECK OUT THE PRICES!!! so i did.. haha and he threw me the card and told me to book it... this was one friday we jumped on sunday and man oh man was i freaking out all weekend. We went to the stratosphere in vegas to "get use to some hieight" and that freaked him out more then me! i remember at one point during a show on saturday i realized i was thinking about the jump the next day and my hands where like water facets i was so scared.... so friday came... and my friend, who is on aniexty medcine thought it would be a good idea to give me some to help me handle the jump... well short story is, i took way to much and was doped up out of my mind... i dont do drugs of any kind... and i think he gave mne a zanex? and some other type of aniext medicine and boy or boy, i wasn;t scared AT ALL, which kinda sucks, it took the thrill out of it, but i did have a ball and i remember the whole thing... now i have to go again! this time NO MEDSS!!!!! it was alot of fun though : )... 200 for the jump and 85 for the video.... (which i forgot at the jumpsite , they are mailing it to me, i cant wait to see it!)

so, think i will be to scared to go again?

taking meds to chill out huh, you pussy;) Good thing your tandem master didnt know, good chance they would have asked you to leave. Anyways, welcome to the club..now get out there and do it with out any substance assistance:ph34r:

you have to get out without the Med's because it's
a better rush when the the brain is 100%. Try it and I am sure you will agree. I don't think that a chemical exists that could give me a rush as the first
step out of the plane. If there is ... DON'T chime in...
My adrealine drug is still legal, and is better than anything out there.

Dealing with your emotions is half the fun, maybe more. As it been said before, skydiving is mostly mental.

In any case, congrats, and try it sober next time.

Cheers

BTW Has your friend any spare zanex bars? I hear that a zanex bar and a gell tab is a ticket to heaven ;)

Just kidding...

ADDITION------------------

Come to think of it, maybe that's why people like to drink or smoke before jumping, because they have trouble dealing with their emotions/anxiety otherwise. Hmm...

Its illigal to jump on meds like that, in the waiver you signed it had to have had something to do with jumping while under the influence. You put your life and another skydivers life on the line because you were nervous? Next time think. You are jumping out of a damn plane. Not watching wrestling.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

i mean they were normal perscription meds so its not like i was wacked out

I always wonder why people think there's a difference. Trust me, they're all as fun as each other :P

Back on-topic though... nice one. Now don't worry about another tandem - sign yourself up for AFF. But bring your A game this time ;)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?