Skylark

How current am I?

Shouldn't be that big a deal with your jump numbers. Talk to the CCI at the dropzone you go to. They'll suggest you practice reserve drills, maybe do a suspended harness drill as well. After that I'm guessing a solo or maybe two would be an idea to get yourself airborne again, and maybe don't jump with newbs until you know you aren't too rusty. I do a solo first if I've had a couple of months off, though that's only happened a couple of times.

Wow, and that's the opinion of someone with half your jump numbers! Shoot me down if you like, but that all seems sensible to me. I'll be at Hibaldstow this Saturday so if you make it up there then great, maybe I'll see you!

--------------------------------------------------

'Everybody needs a mate called Dave'

With over a year off a recurrency jump with an instructor will almost certainly be required. After that you’re probably fine. Call your local DZ and ask.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Hi,

I was in a similar situation...although with less jumps [about 60 total] my CCI went through a condensed AFF ground school and said that he was happy for me to do a solo or he would take me on an AFF if I wanted. In the end [I had time due to a day of crappy weather] I got several peoples opinions and I decided to do a solo. I never had a problem with getting stable and I jump a nice big friendly Spectre so I was confident I could get stable and pull by 4k. As it turned out it was fine, it really is like riding a bike, as soon as i was in the door it all came back and from then on it was easy, just did a few turns and pulled nice and high.

I think it comes down with what you are comfortable with, initially I was set on an AFF level to get current again but after being at the DZ and talking to instructors I got my confidence back. I passed over a load going to 5k as my first jump as I wanted lots of altitude to 'play' with. In the end I jumped and set myself the only goal of landing safely in the PLA. With 8k feet to get stable and a big canopy that was pretty acheivable.

You are obviously much more experienced than me so I am sure you will find it even easier than I did.

Have fun.
A

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"