rasmack

An amazing experience

I read a lot of posts in here about people having bad experiences when visiting a DZ. I thought I would do the opposite.

I recently moved to Geneva, Switzerland for a period of five months. As you can see from my profile I am not a very experienced jumper. Geneva is right on the French border, and the nearest DZ happened to be Parachutisme74 in Annemasse. I showed up and was given a friendly and thorough briefing. That day I had three good jumps. Next time I showed up several weeks later I was immediately greeted. They even remembered my name.

One of the instructors even remembered that I had asked about being checked out for RW, as this is a separate "licence" in Denmark as well as in France. Before I knew it he had booked a slot on a load with me and we did a checkout dive. The next day he asked me on a tracking dive he was doing with people on the same level.

The most incredible part of the story is that when I asked how to pay for the coach jump he just said not to think about it. He "knew what it was like to come to another country and jump".

I must say that I have felt nothing but extremely welcome there, and I realize that I'll be owing beer big time there for a while for that reception. I just hope that I will remember to treat people like that when I end up in that end of the "food chain".

This just a reminder to remember to share also positive stories when you have them. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Did you get your jumpsuit in time?

Nope. Hasn't arrived yet :(. I just hope it arrives before my next visit to Denmark.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...