Kuper

a feeling of faint under an open canopy...

When i had <100 jumps i found that i was feeling lightheaded and a little faint after every skydive.

I sussed out that i had been tightening my leg straps too much (as most inexperienced jumpers do) and this had been putting pressure on my femural arterys which stopped blood circulating properly. As soon as i stopped over tightening them, the problem stopped.

You dont mention how tight your leg straps were but it may be a contributing factor....

There is also another possible - blood sugar related - cause that we did not fully understand until after we had been doing tandems for a few decades.
You see, adrenaline is a powerful drug and it can cause you to burn blood sugar at an alarming rate. Once the excitement of freefall is behind them, people tend to relax. Sometimes they relax too much and faint.
I have seen this numerous times with tandem students who skipped breakfast.
Depending upon your metabolism, you may need to graze throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels up, especially after recent blood donations.

I'm just running through really quick on the forums, but I wanted to tell you what my nurse told me about fainting/blacking out.. because I used to do it quite often.

If you feel your temperature rise, the peripheral vision start to get black, whatevere it is the tips you off that this is coming..
COUGH
Cough hard and loud from deep in your diaphram. Coughing will stimulate blood flow to the brain which can PREVENT losing conscienceness (boy I can't spell today). It seems hard when your feeling so weak but you can do it.
I used to faint regularly, low blood sugar & pressure, now I cough, and 10/10 times, it goes away.

Hope that helps you

And by the way, sounds to me like the culprit was Adrenline... lots of that can do amazing things to your organs, including sending most of your blood supply elsewhere besides brain.

Sounds like hypoxia to me... basically your blood isn't carrying enough oxygen to your brain. I know a girl who passed out in freefall because she tightened her straps too much, cut off circulation. Lucky she had a very very very good instructor who pulled for her, and she landed soft. I would reccommend not giving blood for a while, like several days, before jumping. Lets face it, jumping is strenuous, and you need that good old o2.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams