Crzy_Canuck

Canadian CoP A in the US

G'Day All;

I have just achieved the status of Solo Pending, damn paper trail will take forever but i finally got it.
On the weekend I got my last landing within 50m (28m to be exact) to complete all requirments for my Solo License.
I am wondering if anyone can help, if I receive my CoP A before season ends (sometime in October up here) is that enough for me to jump in the States over x-mas? I wouldnt consider it unless I felt comfortable with my freefall and canopy control. If anyone knows about CSPA jumper rules in the States I would like to hear your input. The more I jump and surf this site the more I love this sport and all you other jumpers seem like you grab life by the balls like me and that is awsome.
Hope to jump with some of you soon.
Cheers eh,

your a will be accepted at uspa dz's, and then some. in canada, your a means you can jump solo, or with a coach (one on one), or with a b license or higher (one on one) as long as they have 100 jumps. i dropped into skydive chicago and my first jump was a 5 way, the next was a 6 way. :o great learning experience for you, just be very upfront about your experience and you'll have a blast.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

If you get your A you'll have a great time in the states. In the states, with a USPA A you can jump with others, no restriction on number of people unlike here in Canada where you can only do 2 way's max (with B license holders & permission of a coach or instructor)

Most DZ's in the states will let you do what you want, however let your fellow jumpers know your experience level and go have some fun.

Just be sure that you remember how to track!!!

Dayle

Thanks for your help all,
I do beleive in the honesty with those I am jumping with, if not for having them teach me or show me more than they would for another experienced jumper, but for the safety.
I cant wait to stop jumping larger planes, right now my DZ has only a C182.
Blue Skies