jumpmonkeyUK

Reoccuring mistakes...biro on back of hand?

Hi,

Just done two jumps and im noticing a reoccuring habit, which is me not pointing my toes enough in arch ( i do it in track though automatically )...i've had it pointed out on the ground, and like the instructor says "what you do on the ground you do in the air"...and i did...he signalled me, i corrected...again it happened on the second...he signalled i corrected, its in the logs and i get reminded in the plane as well...just worried about it creeping in.

So...i wondered if it was smart to scrawl "T" or "toes" on my hand or something so it reminds me in the door before the exit or before circle of awareness when i check altitude...

or would that be an unwanted distraction...?

Perhaps on the climb to altitude you can visualize it in your mind and chant, "Heading, Altimeter, Toes...." In other words incorporate it into the dive flow. Not just the words, but physical act as well.

Sometime, when I have a really "Flat" student, have them dirt dive, "Hips, Heading, Altimeter, Check in...."

After you get it a couple of times it will be automatic and you won't have to think of it so much. But staying current is key!

Happy jumping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!