MagicGuy

Making My 2nd Tandem Tomorrow

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to have the finances to get my A License this season, or at least not yet anyways. I recently moved in with a couple buddies on very short notice and paying bills and rent is a little more of a chore than I thought it was going to be...

BUT, I have to feed this need to make a jump, so my roommate and I decided to make another tandem jump. We're going tomorrow night, a sunset jump, in Newport, RI. I made my first tandem here and loved the view, and the instructors were really cool, too. Definitely going to be the best Memorial Day I've ever had.

Who knows.. maybe I'll be able to get my A later on this summer, but as I said before, I've been watching videos at SkydivingMovies.com for the past 5, 6 months and just can't wait any longer.

Can't wait...!

Oh since I made my first tandem jump last August, skydiving is constantly on my mind. I look up at the sky throughout the day and just want to be up there. I'll see a big puffy cloud and think "Wow, I want to jump through that". My friends are sick and tired of hearing about skydiving. I have every intention on getting my A License but finances are only allowing me to do another tandem at this point in time.

This site has a "dropzone locator" function. See whether there are any DZ's within driving distance of you who do static line or IAD (Instructor-assisted deployment) training. Now, most DZ's do only AFF training, but a few still offer S/L and/or IAD. Progressing all the way to your A license probably costs about the same, total, no matter which method you use. But on a per-jump basis, S/L or IAD is much cheaper per jump than AFF - and they're also cheaper per jump than tandem jumps. So if you want to economize, and still make several jumps for the cost of just one tandem jump, maybe S/L or IAD would be the way to do it.

My friends are sick and tired of hearing about skydiving.

That happens a lot. Get used to it.