Belgian_Skygirl

Back into business

Within 2 weeks I hope to start to jump again. I haven't jumped since the end of August, due to non-skydiving related injuries and bad weather.

I am really looking forward to going back, but I feel a little bit afraid again... I have landing fear. I know I have to jump with an instructor, but you know, my landings were getting better and I was about to downsize to a Specter 150, but the weekend I was going to, I had those injuries. Now I wonder.... I know I cannot jump with the 150 immediately... so should I jump with a 170? A 190? A 200, Or bigger? I only have 75 jumps and due to illness and stress I weigh 98 lb.

I want to start confident. Thank you in advance for your opinions.
-------------------------------------------------

No dive, like skydive... wanna bet on it?

he there belgian skygirl....

Cool to hear you are joining us ones again in the sky....Hope all your injuries have healed well and that skydiving brings you all the fun it has me...
Remember that skydiving is all about being safe....The size of your canopy has little to do with the amount of fun you will have. Go for the safest option...Bigger is mostly more forgiving and make a few great landings and your confidence will grow and that will make you more ready for the next step (downsizing) . Further more i would suggest that you talk to someone at your dz (some one who you respect as a safe skydiver) and make sure all the settings are right for your first couple of jumps...Remember....skydiving starts on the ground with the decissions you make. Skydiving is easy...keeping on skydiving is hard..!!
Anyway...do enjoy it and be safe..
Erwin/jr;)

Dont know the rules for the country you are in but here in the states you would be required to go through a refresher training and jump with an instructor who would help you decide which canopy would be right for you, so talk to your instructors...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…