spence09

turning while pulling

yeah i was a s/l student..haha..I've been really practicing a lot on the ground and I think one problem i'm having for sure is that i'm not lookin at the horizon and by that i'm loosing my arch and stability. Another thing that I have really worked on is my leg awareness, which i knew was not so well, but now i feel a lot more confortable with my awareness. Thanks for all the advise guys, i'll see what i can do with it.
Blue Skies, Spence

I think I'll make it back to the dz, damn that was a bad spot

I was also a S/L student (so take the following with a bag of salt) and also had continous problems with a turn on pull. It got better though after I spent some ground time with one of the coaches who told me to alter my count by conciously taking almost two full seconds after wave-off for the pull. This helped because it relaxed me and forced me to think about something other than the pull (was concetrating on slowing the pull down) during the pull.

This gave me the biggest turn-around (or lack thereof in this case ;)) and since then, I havent gone off heading much during wave-off or pull.

Short version: My turns stopped after i started relaxing during pull-time.
Between the sadness and the smile, lies the flicker of the fire. You always said this never hurt you, I always said you were a liar.

yeah guys, I got a couple of jumps yesterday, doin alittle two way exit and docking, tracking, and such. I didn't even really think about pulling unstable, I just waved off and pulled. Not even a deal anymore, didn't turn any at all, I guess I was just thinkin about it too much last time, now I was just having fun and relaxing. I know one thing that did help the most, other than relaxing, was just layin down on pillows and just practicing and getting used to pulling and such. Makes it feel a lot more natural once your in the air. Well, thanks to all who gave their 2 cents, it cured my problem. Blue Skies, guys

I think I'll make it back to the dz, damn that was a bad spot